Chapter2||Emerald

when lev opened the door to his house he was almost immediately greeted by his golden retriever, bear. they actually rescued bear a few years ago. lev loved animals which is one of the reasons he couldn't resist picking up a grey cat on the way home.

after parting ways with yaku, lev continued walking in the direction of his home. walking past a narrow street he heard a faint noise coming from a little way down the street. as he walked the noise got louder and louder until finally lev came across a beautiful grey cat with emerald green eyes, the cat resembled lev himself in a way.

lev was lucky his mom liked animals as well or he'd have to leave the cat back out in the streets with no food or drink. fixing the cat a bowl of fresh water and a bowl of food that he had stopped to buy after finding the cat he yelled upstairs for his mother.

"mom! are you home?!"

"oh! lev dear, you're home already!" his mother exclaimed as she quickly came down the stairs. hugging her son, she then noticed the cat eating at her sons feet.

"aww! who's this little guy!" levs mom said crouching down to pet the cat. "actually she's a little girl!"

"oh i found her on a street a little ways from the house! she didn't seem like she had a owner or anything so i picked her up and brought her home." lev explained to his mother.

"well she's quite the cutie. have you thought of a name yet?"

"not really...hm." lev thought for a moment until he had the perfect name for his new friend. "how about emerald! since her eyes are green?"

"that's a beautiful name sweetie, i'm gonna go upstairs and finish folding the laundry and then i'll come down and start dinner. is that alright?" his mother asked.

"of course mom, i'm just gonna go ahead and take a shower!" lev called after his mom as she walked back up the stairs.
-
-
-
after his shower and eating the wonderful dinner his mom cooked him, lev took the time to give emerald a bath. surprisingly she didn't mind the water at all which made things a lot easier for lev.

lev was now laying on his bed with emerald curled up on his pillow next to his head. staring at the ceiling lev wondered if he was being to obvious about his feeling towards yaku earlier at the swings. it didn't seem like yaku thought anything of the conversation, but he isn't someone who would just speak about his feelings directly.

but yaku has been acting weird lately, he hasn't been hitting him as much but he's been yelling like he always does. that could mean multiple things really, yaku could have just gotten tired of always having to put in physical effort to make lev stop acting stupid.

now that he thought about it he kinda felt bad that yaku had to put up with him all the time, he's surprised he still talks to him even if it might just be during practice.

as lev was thinking his sister came into his room. "hey lev, mom said you brought a cat home today?"

"oh hey alisa, and yeah she's right here!" lev said quietly moving his head to point towards emerald.

"her names emerald right? she's very pretty." alisa said.

"yeah she is." lev said teaching up to pet emerald. "why are you visiting? didn't you get an apartment or something?" lev asked his sister?

"oh yeah! i did actually i just wanted to see how mom was doing. well lev i'll make sure i visit earlier in the day so we can spend some time together okay?"

"yeah that'd be fun!" lev said brightly smiling at his sister.
-
-
-
after laying there for awhile not being able to sleep lev decided he'd just watch youtube or scroll through instagram until he fell asleep.

this is a really short filler chapter because i want this one to have a reasonable amount of chapters

the first chapter is way better than this one and i really apologize for that.
feel free to comment on anything you think should be changed.

update- y'all really thought i was going to be able to update every other day lmao nah
i'm impatient 😎

i'm having way too much writing smh