Chapter 7

"..so cute." You hear a voice coo as you slowly wake up from your slumber. You shut your eyes tighter, about to snuggle back into Si's chest when you realize that's not his voice.

"Rise and shine, lovebirds!" The same voice calls, opening up the curtains. Suddenly bright sunlight is streaming into the room, causing you to groan and open your eyes. You raise your head, trying to sit up to see what's happening but Si's arms are holding you tight. You pinch his arm, which you recently discovered is the easiest way to wake him up.

"What?" He groans groggily, quickly releasing his grip on you. It is only then that he notices the curtains are open, blinding sunlight coming into the room. The both of you sit up, turning to see Zhuang standing near the windows, a smug smile on her face.

"What are you doing in here? Get out!" Si yells, instinctively pulling you closer to him.

She laughs, crossing her arms in front of her. She seems unbothered by her brother's behavior. "I woke you guys up so we can go out for breakfast. I think we have some catching up to do, little brother."

Si glances at you for a second before letting out a sigh. "Fine, but get out."

"As you wish." She smiles, blowing him a kiss before exiting, closing the door behind her.

"And she wonders why I don't talk to her.." Si mumbles under his breath, wiping his face with his hand, making you hold in a laugh.

_______

You're sitting next to Si and across from Zhuang in a small diner that she invited you to.

"So...why are we here?" Si asks bluntly, shoving some eggs into his mouth. By his tone, you can tell that he is annoyed that his peaceful sleep was interrupted.

"Your older sister can't treat you to breakfast just because she wants to?"

"No."

Zhuang scoffs, rolling her eyes at her brother's typical rude behavior.

"Well, I wanted to get to know your soulmate a bit better, seeing as she is part of our family now." She grins at you, her statement making you blush. "But.." She sighs and her smile slowly fades from her face. "..I also wanted to tell you that I got a call from mother this morning. She's coming sometime next week."

"Shit.." Si hisses, his hand on your thigh tightening. It has become a habit of his whenever you sit next to each other at a table. You always try to push him off at first but as much as you don't want to admit it, it's actually kind of comforting.

"Did you tell her about Y/n?" He asks worriedly.

"Of course not. I'm leaving that all up to you."

"Right." He sighs. "What should I do?"

"You know how mother is. She's going to think that Y/n is not worthy of dating her precious son. You'll have to show her that Y/n is special."

You feel your nervousness spike at her words. How in the world are you supposed to impress Daoming Si's mother?

"Alright, I'll...I'll figure something out." He seems to sense your anxiety, loosening his grip on your thigh before drawing gentle circles with his thumb. You flash him a small smile.

"Oh shoot, we need to get to class." He glances at his watch before suddenly standing up, pulling you with him. "Thanks for the breakfast, though."

"I don't have class today.." You say, confused.

"But I do." He smirks. "And you're coming with me. I hope you're ready to meet my friends."

Your eyes widen as he says goodbye to his sister before leading you out the door.