Chapter 11

A/N: in this chapter I will be switching in between POVs so make sure to pay extra attention!

Daoming Si POV

When he woke up, his first concern was whether Y/n made it home safely or not.

He's pretty sure she did. Why wouldn't she?

He silently curses to himself. Now he's getting nervous. He should've asked her to text him when she got home, but he didn't. Idiot. Whatever, he's sure she's fine.

He rolls out of bed, completing his typical morning routine before driving to school. When he arrives, he heads over to his friends, hanging out with them a bit before class starts. After that, he walks over to where Y/n and her friends usually are. Except...she's not there.

He approaches Qinghe and Li Zhen, slightly confused. Maybe he got her schedule mixed up or something. "Hey, does Y/n not have class today?"

They turn to him and his eyes widen at the concerned look on their faces. "No, she does." Li Zhen answers, showing him her phone. "She's usually here by now and I tried calling and texting but she's not answering."

"Maybe she's running late." He reasons with a shrug, trying to be optimistic and not make a mountain out of a molehill. Little did he know that he couldn't be more wrong.

Y/n POV

It's dark and cold. That's the first thing you observe when you come to, besides realizing that you're seated in a chair. Looking around, you're startled by the multiple men surrounding you.

Flinching in fear leads you to notice that your hands and feet are bind to the wooden chair you are sitting on. Just great. The only thing that could make this worse is if there were a cloth covering your mouth.

"W-who are you and what do you want with me?" You wanted your voice to come out strong but you just sound like a scared little puppy. It's so pathetic that the men laugh mockingly at you.

One man steps up, standing directly in front of you. "That's not important." He smirks, his voice deep and menacing. "All you need to know is that your soulmate and his family screwed us over. You can probably put two and two together...we want revenge."

Your stomach drops and all the color drains from your face. "What are you going to do to me?" You ask quietly.

"It depends." He shrugs nonchalantly. "If he gets here fast enough, you might leave here with just a few scratches."

"Help! Somebody help!" You scream out, trying to rip your arms and legs out of the restraints. That quickly earns you a slap on your cheek, making your head snap to the left.

"Quiet." He hisses. "Somebody put the rag in her mouth."

Another one of the men step forward, grabbing a rag and tying it around your mouth. You try to stop him by moving your head around but it doesn't work.

You take deep breath, trying to calm down and hold back your tears. "You know what, why don't we contact Daoming Si right now?"

The man reaches into his pocket, waving your phone in the air. How did he get that?

He steps closer to you with a chuckle, turning the camera on and facing it towards himself. "Well, look who we have here." You watch yourself in the reflection of the camera, cringing at how pathetic you look. Tied up to a wooden chair, clothes dingy and face red with an imprint of a hand, evident enough if you look closely.

"If you want her back safe and sound, you know where to find me. I'm sure you don't want her to pay for your mistakes." He ends the video, sending it to Si. You're not sure if you should be relieved or terrified. You know he will come to save you, but what will they do to him? What did him and his family do in the first place that would even warrant this?

"Now we wait." The man smirks, tossing your phone to the side. You guess you'll find out soon enough.

Daoming Si POV

He's in class when he feels a dull pain in his right cheek. What the hell? He rubs the spot, confused as to where it came from. But then he remembers something.

Flashback...

He's chasing Y/n around his room after she took 'ugly' pictures of him sleeping, trying to get her to delete them. She's giggling as she runs away from him, not paying attention as her hip collides against the sharp corner of his bed.

"Ah!" She winces, stopping to rub her hip.

At the same time, he feels a dull throbbing in the exact same spot, making him furrow his eyebrows.

Out of curiosity, he pinches his arm. Hard.

He watches as Y/n gasps, looking down at her own arm.

"You felt that...right?" He asks and she turns around to look at him.

Her eyes widen when she realizes what he is referring to. "The bond must be getting stronger." She says thoughtfully before she smiles. "We share each other's pain, that's kinda cool."

"Not when you're soulmates with the clumsiest person alive."

"Oh shut up!" She scoffs, rolling her eyes.

Back to present

Does that mean someone must have...slapped her? The thought has an alarm going off in his head. Who dared to put their hands on her?

This new piece of information combined with the fact that no one has been able to contact her all day makes him very worried. Now he's sure that something is wrong. Very wrong.

His thoughts are interrupted by the buzz of his phone in his pocket. When he sees that it's a message from Y/n, he breathes a sigh of relief. She's okay. He can't wait to give her an earful for making everyone worry so much. She better have a good reason.

But then he opens it, seeing that it's a video. He turns up the volume slightly, enough that only he can hear it. And when he presses play, his heart drops to his stomach.

He can't even focus on what the man is saying because of the sound of blood rushing in his ears. She looks terrified, completely tied up with a rag covering her mouth. His eyes focus in on a reddening palm print on the side of her face, confirming his suspicions. One of those assholes hit her.

He doesn't even finish listening to what the man is saying before he stands up. He knows who they are and what they want. And he is damn well going to make them pay for even laying a finger on his soulmate.