The Feeling of Grey and Consequences

So many times have I felt the weight of the sky on my back. Thick and heavy with rain and hatred. The clouds boil in their bitterness before imposing themselves on those strong enough to carry them. Rain slowly drops from the clouds sliding underneath rubber soles of shoes tripping its victims into puddles of anguish. The sound of thunder masks the screams produced by electric shocks of lightning. But we are strong. We bear the weight of these clouds so others do not have to. Rain mingles with our tears and fog clouds our vision, our judgement only to accommodate those around us. We care not for ourselves and instead for those who we hope will never carry this burden. It is heavier than ever before, the drops of rain turn into pounding bites of frost and the shock of lightning isn't as rattling as it is deadly anymore and the thunder has made us deaf to our own cries. Cries we do not even know we are making. It is hard to scream when drowning but we settle on the brink between alive and death never actually living because you can't drown when the water pours down on you unless you have the courage to look up and breath. But that view alone might be enough to kill you.