Chapter 1: New Student within the Darkness

[Edited]

The moonlight gently kisses the pavement of the road. The tree branches move through the wind, gently swaying as it envelopes everything around it in darkness. The empty hollow woods was greeted by a vrooming slick, black car as it drove on the road heading to a particular place. Cross Academy.

Within the window shows a young teenage girl who was looking through files with a dull expression. She has ebony hair with silver highlights, tied in two low pigtails. A crimson sleeve shirt and over it is a black sleeveless jacket, brown shorts and black combat boots along with gray leggings. The most notable thing is her choker: A silver cross with gold edges and a deep bloody ruby right in the middle of it.

...

I stared at the three files that lay before me, all displaying information about three different people.

I sigh. Really, this should be easy right? Wrong. I'm already busy searching enough but now I have to attend classes. It doesn't surprise me the least about it. I've been doing this for a very long time. It would have been easy, come in and out but there is something I didn't expect to be there. I was really hoping it would be a short stay.

Outside the window, I see the car is nearing the academy. I place all of my files inside my backpack. Once the car came to a stop, I stepped out of the car along with my suitcase and swung my backpack on my shoulder. There the moon illuminates the edges of the academy through the pitch black darkness as I stand in front of the tall black gates.

So this is Cross Academy. I heard two pairs of footsteps. One had light treads and the other big heavy ones. It must be a girl and boy.

Before they arrived...I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I waited... warm blood flowed through my veins and my heart started to beat rhythmically.

Out from the dark appeared a petite girl and a tall handsome boy, both wearing the Day class uniform. She has chocolate brown hair and wine colored eyes, the boy has shiny silver hair and violet eyes. The boy came forward and unlocked the gates, then the girl happily came over to me.

"Hi! Welcome to Cross Academy. My name is Yuki Cross and the grumpy guy over there is Zero Kiryu." She pointed at him behind her, he just silently stood there and ignored her comment.

"Nice to meet you Cross and Kiryuu. My name is Sayomi Miyuki." I greeted them.

"Oh! You don't need to call me that, you can call me Yuki!" Yuki said happily.

"Very well, Yuki." I replied.

"Alright! I'll be showing you to the headmaster's office. Follow me!" Yuki and Kiryu turned around and headed to the office as I silently followed them, memorizing every hall and door. Soon we arrived in front of a door. Yuki lightly knocked on it, a 'come in' was heard on the other side. She opened the door and there a feminine figure sat on a desk. If I didn't know better I would have thought it was a woman. So this is Kaien Cross, the headmaster of this academy.

"Ah, Welcome! You must be the new student, I'm the headmaster of Cross Academy. I see you met my cute adorable children, come give papa a hug~" He leaped out to hug Yuki and Kiryu but both took a step to the side. Cross's face collided into the wall, his face was red and smoke was coming out.

"I'm not your son!" Kiryu coldly glared at Cross.

Yuki tried to calm him down but he quickly got out of the room and slammed the door loudly.

"Alright, here's your uniform, you'll be part of the Day class. Yuki will guide you to your dorm room. Just so you know, we have an uneven number of female students so you will have the room all to yourself." He smiled happily at me as he handed me the day class uniform that appeared behind him. Thankfully, I won't have the trouble of having to share with a roommate. I thanked the headmaster and followed Yuki out of the office.