Chapter 2: Memories of Blood

[Edited]

It's already morning, the warm sunlight shines through the windows of the academy hallways. The time is 8:30 a.m., 30 minutes before school starts, some day class students are already up or others still sleeping. At this time I would still be peacefully sleeping but i am not at this moment. Right now I'm standing in front of the headmaster's office, already dressed in my school uniform. The reason I'm here... I'm not sure.

This early morning, I was comfortably sleeping in my precious bed but I was rudely woken up due to the loud knocking from my dorm door. I ignored it at first but that infernal racket didn't stop but instead it got louder. Seeing as I no longer can go back to sleep, I angrily stomped towards the door and swung it wide open. There stood Kiryu waiting impatiently and giving me a glare. Of course I already sensed Kiryu at the doorway but I thought he would give up after I wouldn't answer the door when he first knocked.

What puzzles me is to why he came to my dorm? It's obvious that he is suspicious of me and wouldn't want to come near me. So the only possibility is that he was forced to, most likely by the headmaster. Even though I know it comes from the headmaster, it still doesn't calm my irritation for being awaken so early in the morning.

"What do you want?" I asked bitterly.

"The headmaster wants you in his office." He answered coldly. He gave me one last glare until he turned around and walked down back into the hallway.

I blankly stared at his retreating figure until I closed the door.

Sigh, not only did I get exposed the other day, I was also woken so early in the morning. I don't really believe in luck but I'm starting to think I have terrible luck.

°°°

That's what happened this morning. Well, I predicted that the headmaster wouldn't let me roam freely even after the deal we made. He is cautious. So he would need a way to keep an eye on me.

I lightly knocked on the door. I heard a "come in" from the other side. I entered the room and saw the headmaster sitting at his desk with Yuki and Kiryu standing on his left.

"You called for me, headmaster Cross?" I asked politely.

"Yes I wanted to discuss something with you," He cheerfully stated, "and I do hope you would agree to it."

"What may that be." I stared at him blankly, waiting for him to continue.

"Since you know the secret of the night class, would you like to join the disciplinary committee." He smiled closed eye.

So that's his plan.

"She can't! We can't trust her!" Of course Kiryu protested. He looked ready to punch the headmaster. Luckily, Yuki tried to calm him down.

"Zero, I'm sure it'll be fine." She smiled sheepishly.

"Of course. You were complaining that you needed more members on the committee so since Sayomi knows about the existence of vampires, she would be a perfect member!" Cross cheerfully exclaimed.

"Tch." Kiryu grunted in frustration.

"So do you accept." He looked at me with expectant eyes, like I couldn't refuse.

"I accept." Just these words brought him glee as he smiled widely.

"Excellent! Now here's your badge, you'll have to were it every day. I look forward to your work!"

I grabbed the badge from his hand and quickly clipped it on left arm.

"It's almost time for class, is it alright if we're dismissed." I asked him.