Chapter 3: The Fang of Penitence

[Edited]

The morning came as the headmaster called me, Kiryu and Yuki. Yuki came to my dorm room this morning to inform me. I was grateful it was her who came instead of Kiryu, or else I would have been woken up rudely like last time.

"Here we go . . . tuna carpaccio garnished with marinated tomatoes and parsley, my style. And filet of beef with whole vegetables and cream, my style." The headmaster energetically exclaimed as he held up the pot of piping hot food.

"My own creations! My very own!" He swayed in happiness.

At the moment, I am seated between Yuki and Kiryu. They held up their chopsticks to choose from the many dishes that the headmaster served and cooked. The headmaster kept repeating "my very own" as he skipped off to the kitchen, probably to serve another dish.

Although, I'm sure no normal human could finish eating this many dishes unless they want to faint from overeating or choking.

"He summoned me so early in the morning for this." Kiryu said in a frustrated manner as he picked up a piece of potato. His eyelids drooped, a clear indication of his sleepiness.

As I share the same sentiment with Kiryu, still this is a bit better than the breakfast they serve at the cafeteria since it's homemade. With coffee, it would be even better.

Yuki ate a piece of carrot, "Calling it his style is going a bit too far." She stated.

"That's not what I'm talking about." Kiryu answered.

"Huh? What about it?" Yuki confusedly asked.

"Say cheese!" The headmaster came up with a camera to take a picture of us.

Yuki turned her head in time for the picture as Kiryu held up the potato to block his face, while I sat still with a blank face.

"Say... what's with you all of a sudden?!"

"It's a commemorative photo. Today, you carry out your duties not as guardians. But as true members of the Disciplinary Committee!" He smiled happily as he held up the photo that was just taken in front of him, "It's a day to celebrate!"

"Huh?" Both Kiryu and Yuki exclaimed at the same time.

I didn't pay any mind to their confusion as I looked out the window from behind me. I clearly heard a scream coming from the Moon Dorms, the voice belonging to the blonde vampire Hanabusa Aidou.

I let out a sigh, it looks like today will be full of trouble as well.

°°°

It was explained that we would inspect both the Moon and Sun Dorms and confiscate anything that breaks the academy rules. We first inspected the Sun Dorms, Yuki and I did the Girls side of the dorm while Kiryu did the boys side.

"I'm confiscating these!" Yuki shouted as she rolled down a cart filled with the confiscated items.

All the girls shouted in protest.

Of course, my instinct was right about today being troublesome.

As Yuki came up to take the items and deal with the girls whining and protesting, I dealt with those who were less likely to fight back and kick up a fuss.

The class president of the Day class came up to Yuki and started scolding her for "abusing" her position on the Disciplinary Committee. Though his complaints wouldn't last long since Kiryu was on his way here.

Kiryu came over as he snatched the book filled with Ruka Souen's picture from the president's back and dumped it into the cart.

For the first half of the day, there were screams and whines bouncing off the school walls as we confiscated items.