Chapter 4: Trigger of Condemnation

[Edited]

Kiryu and Yuki stood away from each other. Kiryu just looked down while Yuki stared astonished at him.

The tension was extremely thick, so much that they didn't notice me.

I eyed the blood leaking from Yuki's neck. Fortunately, Kiryu's fangs only pierced the surface of the skin and didn't go any deeper. It looks like the Night Class will be in a frenzy tonight.

Honestly, I didn't want to be the one to intervene but this situation needs to be sorted out quickly.

I stepped in between the two, "Yuki, I know this is all hard to take in but it's best you head to the infirmary to get treated. I'll take Kiryu to the headmaster and inform him of the matter. Is that clear?"

My words didn't reach Yuki since she kept staring past me. It's understandable since this moment is the turning point of their relationship but...

I tried again, "Yuki-" but I stopped short.

Something was heading toward us at an unparalleled speed.

"Yuki? Sayomi?" Out came from the dark corridors was Kuran. Of course, he would come.

"Kaname-senpai..." Yuki called out softly in surprise.

Kiryu and I blankly looked at Kaname, who was coming up the stairs in, unnoticeably, a hurried manner.

"So out of craving for blood, you've turned into a beast, Zero Kiryu." He protectively stood in front of Yuki and, surprisingly, me.

I glanced to the side to see Yuki widen her eyes in shock and then pass by Kuran in, what seemed to be, an attempt to protect Kiryu from Kuran. That is until she fainted and landed in Kuran's arms. I quietly came to her side and checked her condition, she was only exhausted, it must be from the shocking news she received today. Kiryu looked worried as well when he saw her faint.

Except he isn't the only one.

"You sucked a disgusting amount of blood, didn't you? So much that she can't even stand." He carefully carried her in his arms, "Was Yuki's blood that delicious?"

I stepped in front of Kiryu.

I glanced up at Kuran lightly, "Kuran-senpai, Yuki only fainted because of exhaustion, and Kiryu only drank a small portion of her blood, an amount not enough to cause her to faint." I explained.

At my words, his expression didn't change but his eyes scowled.

The aura that was in turmoil became even wilder.

Kuran looked down at me with a vexed expression, "You see Yuki is injured by this boy and you protect him, why?"

I did not answer his question and lowered my head, "It is not entirely his fault, I'm partly to blame for not properly reporting this to the headmaster and not preventing this situation because of my negligence." I said sincerely in hopes of quelling his anger.

It did. His expression relaxed slightly.

"I'll take Yuki to the infirmary and later I'll discuss what to do with the Headmaster, is that clear?" He cradled Yuki in his arms and carried her.

"Yes, Kuran-senpai."

"Very well." Then he left, leaving me with a deeply distraught Kiryu.

I glanced back at Kiryu who kept his head down. I mentally sighed and quietly patted his shoulder, it snapped him out of his thoughts and he looked at me in surprise. Surprisingly, he didn't flinch away from me, he must really be out of it.