Coronation Day

Mal's POV:

Ben and I climbed into his carriage and he noticed how nervous I was before saying, "Don't be nervous. All you have to do is sit there and look beautiful. No problem there."

I smiled at him. "Thank you."

"Mal, would you wear my ring?" Ben suddenly asked.

I felt my eyes tearing up. "Um...not now. I think it would probably just fall right off of me. I have something for you."

Ben's eyes widened. "For me?"

I nodded. "Yeah. It's just for later, you know, when you need strength. Some carbs to keep up your energy."

Ben smiled at me. "Always thinking. But I can't wait."

He grabbed the brownie and I cried, "No!"

"Mm. Mm...Mm! This is really good."

"Uh, do you..."

"Mal?"

"Do you feel okay?"

He nodded. "You bet."

I chose my next words carefully. "Would you say that you're still in...that...that you have very strong feelings for me?"

Ben shrugged. "I'm not sure. I mean, let's give the anti-love potion a few minutes to take effect."

"Yeah...okay." My eyes widened at his words. "What? What? You knew?"

"That you spelled me? Yeah. Yeah, I knew."

I felt panicked. "I'm...I can explain myself."

Ben shook his head. "No, look, it's fine. I mean, you had a crush on me. I was with Audrey. You didn't trust that it could happen on its own. Am I right?"

I nodded. Though, that's not the real reason. "Yes. You're so right. So, then, how long have you known?"

Ben smiled. "Since our first date. Your spell washed away in the Enchanted Lake."

I frowned. "So what then? You've just been...faking it since then?"

Ben took my hand and placed his ring on and kissed it. "I haven't been faking anything."

We reached the palace and Ben offered his hand to help me out.

Mia's POV:

I stood in the back with my friends while Mal stood up front with Ben and his parents.

Fairy Godmother began the ceremony. "Do you solemnly swear to govern the peoples of Auradon with justice and mercy as long as you shall reign?"

Ben answered, "I do solemnly swear."

Fairy Godmother smiled. "Then it is my honor and my joy to bless our new king."

Seconds later, the wand was grabbed. I thought it was Mal for a second before realizing it was Jane. A bright light struck through the ceiling and somehow, I knew it hit the Isle.

Fairy Godmother's eyes widened. "Child, what are you doing?!"

Jane frowned. "If you won't make me beautiful, I'll do it myself! Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!"

"Take cover!" Beast cried.

Mal grabbed it from Jane's hands and held it in both of hers.

"Careful Mal!" Belle warned.

"Mal, give me the wand." Ben said.

"Stand back." Mal said, fear evident in her voice.

"It's okay." Ben comforted.

He stepped closer to Mal and she cried, "Ben, I said stand back!"

"I told you so!" Audrey shrieked.

"Let's go!" Carlos yelled.

Jay smiled. "Revenge time."

Ben studied Mal. "You really want to do this?"

Mal looked at him sadly. "We have no choice, Ben! Our parents..."

Ben cut her off. "Your parents made their choice. Now make yours."

Mal frowned. "I think I want to be good."

Ben smiled at her. "You are good."

"How do you know that?!"

"Because...Because I'm listening to my heart."

Mal's eyes flicked to the ground. "I want to listen to my heart." She turned to us. "And my heart is telling me that we are not our parents." She turned to Jay. "I mean, stealing things doesn't make you happy. Tourney and victory pizza with the team makes you happy."

"Yeah!" A boy cried.

Mal shifted her gaze to Carlos. "And you, scratching Dude's belly makes you happy. Who would've thought? And Evie...you do not have to play dumb to get a guy. You are so smart. Mia, you've been my friend for as long as I can remember. You're an amazing artist, and I know how happy that makes you. And I don't want to take over the world with evil. It doesn't make me happy. I want to go to school. And be with Ben." She turned back to him. "Because Ben makes me really happy." She flipped around back to us. "Us being friends makes me really happy. Not destroying things. I choose good, you guys." She held her fist in front of her.

Jay nodded and put in his fist. "I choose good, too."

Evie smiled as she put in hers. "I choose good."

Carlos furrowed his brow, glancing to me. "So, just to be clear, we don't have to be worried about how really mad our parents will be? Because they're gonna be really, really mad."

Ben smiled at Carlos. "Your parents can't reach you here."

Okay, then." Carlos said, putting his in. "Good."

I frowned, debating my decision before adding in my fist. "I choose good as well."

Mal flicked her head to Ben. "Come on." She rested her head against his shoulder.

All was peaceful for about ten seconds and then a green smoke entered the room.

(Mia's Coronation gown)