Chapter 8

“Ashton, I swear to God if you don’t get your ass up and get dressed in the next five minutes, I will leave you and I won’t bring back food for you.”

I was annoyed. I wasn’t the one who made the lunch plans, so I shouldn’t have been the one who was making sure the person who had made said plans actually made it.

“Emmy.” Ashton groaned, peeking his head out from under his comforter. “My head is pounding.”

“And whose fault is that Ashton?” I retorted, tightening my ponytail before pulling an elastic headband over my head and sliding it into place. “You made these plans with the boys before we went out last night. Maybe you shouldn’t have gotten completely wasted.”

“Don’t lecture me.”

“Then get up.”

Ashton mumbled a few curses under his breath but pushed the blankets off of his body, sitting up in bed. “You’re evil.”

“Just get dressed.” I sighed. “We’re leaving in five, Ashton.” I didn’t give him time to say anything else before I was leaving the room, making my way down the hall and to the living room where Anne was sitting with Lauren.

“Is he getting up?” Anne asked of her oldest son.

“If he knows what’s good for him.” I grumbled. “Do you have any Motrin?”

Anne chuckled and nodded, standing up. I followed her into the kitchen, watching as she dug through the medicine drawer before I went and grabbed a glass. “How many?”

“Four.” I filled the glass with water and turned back to look at her.

She looked at me as she popped the cap on the bottle and shook the tablets into her hand. “You don’t look hungover.”

“I’m not.” I told her, taking the pills. “I have cramps.”

“Ah. The price of being a woman.” Anne sighed putting the bottle back into the drawer.

“Kind of sucks if I’m being honest.” I sighed.

Anne smiled sympathetically as I headed back to Ashton’s room. He was pulling a tee shirt on and looked at me with a grimace once he saw me coming in. “Here.” I told him as I held out the glass of water. He took it and I placed two of the ibuprofen tablets in his outstretched palm.

“Thanks.” He mumbled, popping the pills in his mouth and taking a generous gulp of water.

I nodded, taking the glass from him and taking a sip as I took my own pills.

“I didn’t know you had a hangover.” Ashton said as he sat on his bed, pulling on a pair of socks.

“I don’t.” I said, grabbing my phone from where it was charging and stuffing it into my purse. “I have cramps.”