Of Powers and Parties

Hi, everyone! Thank you for clicking on this fic! So, the wording won't be exact (haha, impossible) and will be told in Randy's PoV, sometimes told in Sulley's. In case you couldn't tell from the summary, this is a yaoi, boy-on-boy action (well, monster on monster), M/M, stuff like that. Personally, I think there aren't enough fics of these two, they're so cute! If I didn't already have my OTP, this would've been it.

And, on with show!

CHAPTER ONE

Of Powers and Parties

Randy nervously adjusted his glasses on his scaly face. His room mate was going to be here soon. They were both going to be scare majors. He was so excited. But that just made this day harder. He needed to keep his power under control, because, wow, disappearing in front of your roommate--embarrassing. Like, really embarrassing.

Anyway, realizing that his life long best friend was going to be with him soon, was one of his happiest moments of his life. As he placed his textbooks for classes into his bookshelf, he heard the doorknob turn a bit. Randy paused, listening. Nothing.

The lizard shrugged and returned his attention to his books, only to realize that he had put them all away. Now, with nothing to do, he became even more fidgety, fiddling with his fingers. "How should I say it? 'Hi, I'm your roommate'? But that sounds so... lame." As he juggled other ideas in his head, weighing his options, the door swung open. Randy flinched, almost turning invisible but stopped himself when his gaze fell on the occupant of the doorway. A young, green monster, perhaps his age, maybe even younger, was standing there, his eye open in shock. A gasp escaped his lips as Randy made his way over to his (soon-to-be) best friend.

Slithering over, he smiled brightly and stuck out his hand. "Hi, I'm Randall Boggs, friends call me Randy. Scaring major!"

The monster stared in awe at him. Randy flushed under his gaze. What, was there something on his face? "M-Mike Wazowski, scaring major. Nice to meet you." Mike enveloped his green hand in Randy's purple one and grinned. "You sure look real scary, Randy! Not as good as me but you're pretty close!" Even if that was a joke, the purple lizard still appreciated the praise.

Randy flushed again, his face growing quite blue. It was times like this that he was glad his blush color was different from everyone else's, no one could ever tell if he was embarrassed. They just thought it was some strange side affect of his ability. "Well, I can tell that we're gonna be great chums, Mike!" Boxes suddenly fell from behind him and he disappeared, surprised. Ah, he had to get this thing under control. Another gasp escaped Mike's lips as he stared at the spot where his roommate had been. The neon purple glasses that had rested on his face now gave away the fact that Randy was still in front of the green monster.

"You disappeared!" he exclaimed. Randy slowly reappeared, shaking his head.

"If I do that in scare class, I'll be a joke," he mumbled, readjusting his glasses again. Mike looked at him with a wonder filled eye.

"What? No, no, that is really cool! You need to use that!"

Biting his lip, the lizard looked down at his many intertwined hands. He had never really had confidence in himself and wasn't exactly fond of his 'gift' so he didn't really like this idea. "Er, I don't think--"

"But you should lose the glasses," Mike cut in, most likely by accident. Randy isn't known for being loud. "They take away the effect." Randy's head shot up and he watched as Mike strolled into their room. Maybe he could give his idea a chance. Like an obedient puppy, he followed after his green friend, removing his glasses.

The world became blurry instantly. He squinted at the ball that could only be Mike and remembered, "Oh, yeah. Mike I was waiting for you to get here. You can get the first pick for beds."