three

@/n: sorry for any grammatical errors.

taehyung focus:

"our new neighbors are coming over for dinner. you need to make the food, taehyung."

mr. and mrs.kim had finally invited the family who lives three houses up from them today.

taehyung didn't know who the guests would be, but he didn't really care. he of course, thought they were business people.

"haneul-ah, do you know where jihun hyung is?" the silver haired male said as he finished making the main dish.

haneul had stopped playing with his toy cars and thought for a moment, "oh yeah! he went out to get cake for the guests."

taehyung hummed in response, hoping that the older was bringing strawberry flavored cake home.

~

right after haneul and jihun had finished setting up the dinner table, the door bell rang.

and boy was taehyung shocked to see who it was.

jungkook.

"hello somi, jung hyun." mr.kim greeted the jeons' with a sickeningly sweet smile on his face.

as all the adults hugged, jungkook looked around the house and spotted his class mate.

"hi taehyung." the older waved at the shy male who was standing near the table.

hana greeted jihun and haneul, squealing at his cuteness.

"okay! let's eat, shall we?"

they really are good at pretending to be such nice and caring people. taehyung thought as he looked down at the food in his plate.

jihun elbowed taehyung, "you okay? you're not eating."

taehyung smiled a little, "yeah, just thinking. is the tomato and egg stir fried
dish good?"

his older brother nodded, his mouth full of food. "it's really really good."

the kims' were sitting across from the jeons' whilst haneul sat across no one.

"so, where do you work jihun?" hana asked.

"I work at this library."

hana gasped, "oh my god, no way. i love books so much!"

those two went on and on about everything in their lives after that little statement.

jungkook had been thinking about how good his food was and finally asked, "who made this?"

taehyung quietly said, "me."

jungkook gaped at this. "it's really good, wow." there was so much sincerity on the older's face then that taehyung just had to let out a giggle.

but he completely straightened up after that, his face completely serious.

jungkook smiled like an idiot, thinking to himself.

i just made kim taehyung giggle and it was the cutest thing ever.

🌹

everyone was chatting it up in the living room, all except taehyung.

"jihun has already graduated from college and is working as a librarian now." mrs.kim went on about her eldest son.

"oh how lovely, jihun honey. do you like books?" somi asked with a warm smile.