thirteen

@/n: thank you all for 900+ reads! that's crazy (っ'-')╮=͟͟͞͞💌. also i apologize in advance if this chapter isn't good, i'm currently very stuck with this story.

"we lose our minds in a city of roses...we won't abide by any rules." - fire on fire by sam smith

jungkook focus:

he hummed his favorite song, sitting outside of school near the iconic tree.

jmin and some of his other friends were all sitting with him too, laughing and chatting.

the pink haired boy had been resting his head in jungkook's lap, remembering something.

"i totally forgot to ask, what happened with you and that jiyeon girl you were dating?"

in jungkook's old high school in busan, he had been with a girl for two years.

"well right after you moved here i found out she was cheating on me." the ravenette frowned at the unpleasant memory.

"ah, knew she was a bitch all along. you never listened to me when i said there's something off about her." jimin stated with sass.

causing jungkook to roll his eyes, "whatever i could care less about her. have you seen taehyung today?"

jimin gasped dramatically, "spill the freaking tea. you have not been telling me what's going on with you both."

jungkook rolled his eyes again, a smile threatening to make it's way onto his face.

"that's cause there's nothing going on, jimin...except the fact that he's a literal angel and i really want him to be my boyfriend."

jimin almost smacked his arm, "then ask him out, you fruit cake!"

jungkook placed a hand on his chest, "okay, first of all, fruit cakes are disgusting. second of all, i can't. i really don't want to ruin what we have right now. it could be too overwhelming for him.."

the older shook his head, a warm smile on his face as he got up to ruffle jungkook's hair.

"you're so dumb but so nice at the same time." jimin sighed as he thought about the situation.

maybe jungkook was right though and that was the best way to go...

taehyung focus:

he smiled listening to his best friend's crazy stories.

tzuyu smiled back at him after she was done talking, "hey tae?"

the latter hummed in response. "you look happier since you've met jungkook."

taehyung looked down shyly, hearing that name, "what do you mean?"

tzuyu pinched his left cheek, "I mean you're doing better! my tae baby is doing good and if jungkook's the cause of that, then I'm all for it!"

"whatever that even meansss."

*+:。.。 。.。:+*

later that day after school, taehyung was free and had no plans, so he walking home.

"help! somebody help me—" a high pitched scream stopped taehyung from walking further away from school grounds.

"do you ever shut up?!"

someone screamed in pain once again, the silver haired boy looked around for where ever the sound came from.

and then he saw it, there was a student cowering away from what seemed like a bully.

taehyung immediately ran to them, "what are you doing?!"

the younger freshman looked so relieved to see him, but he was afraid of what the older male would do to taehyung now.

taehyung sat next to the trembling boy, "are you alright?" he worriedly asked.

"i-i think so... "

taehyung helped him up, "here, quickly go home and treat your wounds."

the student ran away as fast as he could.

"daniel...?"

taehyung gasped, standing up slowly.

the older chuckled dryly, "guess the secret is out, yeah?"

the taller male hovered over taehyung, who began to shake.

daniel grabbed a fistful of the smaller's hoodie and threw him against the brick wall.

taehyung hissed from the pain, having a really big disadvantage since he was way shorter.

daniel tugged on his silver locks making taehyung arch his neck, "i really don't wanna hurt you princess, so I suggest that you mind your own business next time."

"especially when you can't even save yourself from people like me."

daniel licked taehyung's neck before biting down on it harshly, leaving a purple bruise.

"looks good on you."

taehyung whimpered when he continued doing the same in a different area.

he tried his best to push him away but it wasn't enough, tears began to roll down his rosy cheeks.

"it hurts..s-stop please... "

daniel scoffed, walking away from him with his hands in his pockets.

taehyung sat down on the cold cement, crying to himself uncontrollably.

🌹

"you've been in there for a while, tae. you okay?"

the silver haired boy held back a sob, "yeah, hyung, I'm fine."

jihun suspiciously nodded and left downstairs.

it hurts. the physical and mental pain he felt most of the time. he looked in the mirror and watched tears roll down his flushed face.

he thought about how pathetic he must've looked. no matter what, he was always crying. always mad at himself. always felt empty and alone.

taehyung exhaled painfully, his breathing coming out shallow. he felt it becoming harder for air to escape his lungs as more time went by.

he sat with his back against the bathroom door and held his head as he let out another sob.

he closed his tired eyes and tried to remember something or someone that could help him now, he needed to calm down.

think happy thoughts.

a certain boy clouded his thoughts, the only person he knew that looked like a complete bunny when grinning.

he saw an image of his classmate, his friend, jungkook, smiling at him.

"taehyung!"

he smiled weakly too, his breathing slowly coming back to normal.

he was okay. he was actually okay.

he tried to promise himself that he was strong, that he could get through this. after all, isn't life worth living when you have a reason to not give up?

thank you for reading! 💜