PROMPT: You are hiding a big secret from Hermione.
.........................................................

T H I R D P O I N T O F V I E W

[Y/N] plopped down on her seat, a tired look on her face. Her hair was all over the place, contrary to her usual neat hairstyle. Her tie was tied around her neck loosely and a little crumpled so were her blouse and uniform. She looked like she was having a hellish day and indeed she was. Hermione, who was sitting beside her jolted in surprise as she was in the middle of reading when her girlfriend appeared out of thin air.

"[Y/N]! Oh my..what happened? Are you okay? What's the matter? Did you beat up somebody-", came her questions. Her perfectly shaped brows were knitted close as worry was written all over her face.

The [H/C] haired girl who had her eyes closed, took a peek at the bushy-haired girl. A small smile made its way to her lips, raising a slightly shaking hand to her lover's cheek.

"I'm okay baby...I'm okay. It's j-just that, I-I tripped," she grunted before adjusting her body to sit properly on the chair, leaning her weight on the desk to take a better look at Hermione.

The said girl, however, pressed on further,

"Tripped? Baby, you look like you were wrangled by werewolves," Hermione frowned deeper.

As soon as the last word had slipped her lips, [Y/N] visibly stiffened only to inhale sharply and let out an awkward chuckle, her voice heightening a pitch.

"Werewolves? Werewolves don't exist, darling."

Questions and worry racked Hermione's body as she was on the brink of tears, seeing [Y/N] looking so miserable. She promised herself as long as they are together, she'll do anything to never have [Y/N] to feel this way. She felt helpless at the moment and the fact that the girl was not telling her the reason for her state was frustrating to her. Yet, she nodded half-heartedly and pressed a small kiss on her girl's forehead before mumbling a small 'alright' as Professor Flitwick entered the room.

Fast forward to dinner, all the students sat in their according seats. Everyone was present as Dumbledore was going to have an announcement that concerns the details of the Triwizard Tournament which was taking place next week already. The brunette sat down next to Ron who was already eating to his heart's content,

"Uhm, Harry, have you seen [Y/N]? We were supposed to be eating together tonight but I haven't seen her anywhere at all," Hermione scanned the long-table filled with Gryffindor students and she averted her attention to the Ravenclaw table, but no familiar [E/C] could be seen.

Harry perked up at the sound of his name but gradually paled upon fully realizing Hermione's query. Harry, being an awful liar, gulped and raised a brow in return,

"[Y/N]? I don't know where she is. I don't even know who she is!", he followed with a small nervous chuckle before stuffing his mouth with a slice of pumpkin pie.

And at that moment, Harry knew, he fucked up. They were childhood friends.

Hermione stood up from her seat abruptly, fully knowing now something is wrong. She noticed that the only persons that were missing were [Y/N] and Professor Lupin from Defense Against Dark Arts. The Gryffindor student scowled at Harry's lame cover-up, the fact that he lied to her, right in front of her face, made the young Granger mad. Taking big strides in the direction of the Astronomy Tower, she wiped the prickling tears from her hazel brown eyes.

"[Y/N]? Are you here?", she called almost helplessly. The Astronomy Tower is and always has been their meeting place. When one is absent, the other is sure to see them in the tower. But tonight, the case was different. The tower was barren, only the pale moon rays were present. No twinkling [E/C] eyes, no childish smile, no soft locks of [H/C], and no [Y/N].