Shadrach

An Underrated Gem

Genre- Mystery/Thriller

Rating - 8.5/10
Characters 2.5/3
Plot 2.75/3
Writing 2.25/3
Brownie point - yep!! 1/1

What do I think

Shadrach by Melichor is a book I started reading in the midst of a 'Readers block'. I was deeply disappointed by the lack of captivity in a couple of books I read prior to Shadrach. They were all lazily written in a clumsy manner.

Granted Wattpad is a free writing community, used extensively by Teenagers, I couldn't expect to read well written stories. As my reading habits evolved I craved for good storylines and captivating narratives.

I respect myself as a reader, I had to discard quite a few books in the matter of 24 hours before I started reading "Shadrach". I'm glad I did. "Shadrach" caught my attention in the initial paragraphs and before I read half of the first chapter, I was enticed.

I thought to myself that I was going to end up loving this book. The narrative of the book is smooth and never tires me. It flows so well and the bits where the writer intends to hold your attention, for sure you're hooked onto every word. The mystery is so well executed that your heart Starts beating fast and you can hear it in your ears. Every sentence will fill you with dread and excitement.

It's a good balance of character and plot driven story. All the minor details are so well woven into the story that any plot patch work by the writer is almost undetectable. (Almost because there is none). There are not many fillers. The book is written with a purpose.

The characters seem so real to me with all the diversity that the writer packs into them. They are so relatable. I believe a lot of thought is put into the characterisation as the reader is bound to know the people of the book well enough to understand the decisions they take.

The locations and place descriptors are also really good. Grammar and spellings are all in their places. (Unlike how this review is)

I would recommend the book to EVERYONE out there. It's a well written Mystery/ Thriller with a sprinkle of paranormal served smooth by the cup of coming-of-age.  I have a feeling that people would thank me after reading it. You can definitely enjoy it with some coke *wink wink* as well as binge read through it. Definitely check out the first chapter if you're confused about it.

°°° To the author °°°

Thank you so much for existing. I'm glad that you decided to write this. Honestly, the cover is so good and I'm here for it.

•A better story descriptor is required to rope in more readers.
•Try to engage the readers with some 'Author's Notes' with open ended questions about the characters, plot and theories.
•Encourage your readers to leave comments and messages on your board.
•Do try to get this published and going over it with an editor. I think the book has the potential.

___________________________________
A/N- Recommend a book that you think is underrated. Many books are overrated on Wattpad and it's difficult to find an amazing book.
Go ahead and tell me about the book you're currently reading and is it reaching your expectations.

-much love, Sharon