The Purpose of Miss Shepley

Genre- Historical fiction/Young Adult

Rating- 7/10

Plot- 2.25/3
Characters- 2.25/3
Writing- 2.5/3

Brownie point? Umm, there's a long way to go so... Not yet.

2017 award winner in The Storysmiths

The purpose of Miss Shepley is not what you think it is. There's no strong willed young but unlucky lady with fiery red hair who's gonna be rescued by tall dark and handsome Prince of Alnation.

This is about a young Miss. Shepley with a head full of red hair and an occasional freckle (well, she does have red hair but...!). That's not why she's the black sheep of the society. Its deeper than that. She indulges in activities no lady would. She does things that, if brought into public sight, would set tongues wagging. And she is totally into sheep. Also there's a mystery around her *ahem* *spoiler* bqiwretrhy (try cracking the code) and we all are VERY interested to know what.

Required by her predecessors to marry and settle to keep her EVIL cousin from getting the inheritance she sets off on a journey that opens up many *ahem* prospects for her.

The story goes at a slow pace. The plot is ever building and as revealed by the author, it's the first of the 4 part series. That would set back a lot of people from reading the book but the audience of the first book would definitely come back for more.

This is not a regency romance. As confirmed by the author this is a Fantasy with a streak of Young Adult.

Miss Shepley is NoT LiKe mOsT gIrLs. She engages in interesting pursuits. The plot is promising and I'm dying to reading the next two books. The 2nd book in the series is completed and I reckon the 3rd is being updated (As of 27.AUG.2019) My favourite parts were the interactions with Bram. I can not say anymore for the fear of giving away the plot.

I can't not talk about the cover, the design is really good and I'm here for a foreshadowing cover. The concept of merging our old cover red head Shepley girl onto the new cover is perfect. But this books needs a little more colour on the cover to catch attention is what I feel. A set of purple gloves? Blue dress? Just a dash of colour would do unless it clashes with what ever vision the author has.

Adding a sticker to the cover increases the chances of readers choosing the book.

I guess I should read the second book in the series to write a better review (duh!).

Until then, Ciao.