Chapter 5

Simaya:

Getting up every other hour was becoming a routine. Tossing and turning I couldn't get comfortable if my life depended on it. Abel got me three body pillows but they didn't help at all.

"What's wrong?  You keep tossing and turning "

Turning to face Abel who's back was facing me I took a deep breath.

"I can't get comfortable,  I miss sleeping on my stomach baby"

Finally turning around to face me he wrapped his arms around me and began to gently rub my belly. 

"I know babe, just think of how all of this is worth it at the end"

Feeling the fluttering of kicks, I felt more relaxed in his arms.

"I'm trying babe, just having this baby shower before you leave and me worrying if you'll miss the baby's birth has me stressed"

Kissing my shoulder he always had his way of relaxing me.

"Babe, I know it's cutting it close but I wouldn't miss you having our baby for the world. To be honest I was looking forward to this tour but now that it's coming up I feel bad for leaving"

While he had his eyes still closed I pinched his chest, hoping I pulled some of his chest hair too. How can he look forward to leaving me?

"How can you look forward in leaving me here jerk face?!"

"Fuck Maya, that shit hurt! Baby you were driving me crazy with you acting like my mom and shit, telling me not to smoke, watching how much I drink, telling me I didn't sleep enough. You were on another level"

Staying quiet, I knew I was being hard on him. He never smoked around me but I still bitched about the after smell on his clothes.

"I've been a handful,  huh?"

Playing with my fingers and interlocking his with mine I waiting for him to answer.

"Hell yeah!"

"Abel! You ass!"

"Baby I love with all my heart but you were being a pain in my ass"

Slightly laughing,  I agreed that I was.

"Sorry babe, you know I love the smell of weed and your cologne together but that cigarette smell all of a sudden made me sick. I have no control over it"

"It's okay babe, I know I gotta chill on the smoking after the baby is born so I guess I'm just taking advantage right now"

Abel:

"Abel, can I tell you something?"

I answered her while half asleep.

"Hmmm"

"Are you scared to be a father? Because I'm scared of not knowing what to do"

Slightly opening my eyes I kissed the side of her head.

"You'll be a great mother Maya, stop worrying. To be honest I feel scared too, it's just new to us"

Turning to face me she pecked my lips.

"Baby...."

"Hmm...."

"I was thinking maybe your momma can stay with us when the baby is born, she knows so much more than us"

Ever since my mother had that dinner for me I haven't talked to her much. Not telling me that she was on speaking terms with ny father really annoyed me. It was like she has forgotten everything we went through because of him.