Ten For Years of Endless Pleasure

“Hello?”

“Hey, Alice.”

“Gerard!”

“Bob told me you were looking for me.”

“Yeah, yeah I uh had to go the other week, y’know...”

“Yeah.”

“So listen, my band’s playing tonight.”

“Yeah?”

“You should come.”

“Maybe.”

“Geeee, pleeeaasseee.” 

“Okay, okay.”

“The House at nine, okay?”

“Okay, goodbye, Alice.”

“See ya, Gee.”

-

Gerard doesn’t get back till late and by that time Frank’s finished waiting up for him. He’s not drunk, just a little wobbly as he climbs into bed, giddy and hyperaware of the sheets on his skin whenever they rub against his flesh.

Frank rolls over on the matrass next to him and groans a little, disturbed. Gerard adjusts his pillow so that he can sleep on his face and breathe at the same time and then stares into the darkness of the crumpled case until he’s sure he’s not going to drown in his own vomit at some point in the night.

It was a good show, a small crowd though it was a Monday night, but the spectators there were loyal and loud and happy whilst Alice screamed about baptisms on stage, and The House always has a pretty good atmosphere even on weekdays.

He rolls over and feels for Frank in the bed next to him, he’s warm and still and sleeping but he shifts more into Gerard when their skin touches. He’s barely seen Frank all day, he didn’t realise how much he misses the guy when he’s not around. He closes his eyes and presses his face into the back of Frank’s neck in an approximation of a goodnight kiss and then passes out.

-

“Gee, wake up, you’re gonna be late.” Frank nudges at Gerard’s shoulder, repeating his name and fussing with the sheets. 

“Mumph, Frankie.” Gerard tries to bat him away. He’s still mostly asleep; it’s way too early to be even thinking about waking up.

“No, Gee up!” Frank shakes him again, giggling.

“‘M tired.” Gerard whines and tries to ignore the harsh light of the bedroom. 

“Well, maybe this will wake you up.” Gerard’s half expecting a bucket of cold water or his old math teacher or a drill sergeant or anything, anything but Frank’s mouth down there.

“Frankie!” Gerard shouts, shooting up and kneeing Frank in the face as he pulls away.

Frank manages to look vaguely hurt and extremely amused as he nurses his face and stares at Gerard, “What?” he asks innocently and fucking licks his lips.

Gerard groans and shoves his face into his open palms. It’s still way to early to be up, let alone to be dealing with fucking sex maniac boy friends. He presses the heels of his hands into his eyes and tries to get rid of the sleeping dust clinging horribly there. It’s too fucking early for this shit.

“Gee?” Frank sounds worried now. “Are you- I didn’t mean to, well, I did mean too but” He trails off, giggling again.

Gerard looks up sheepishly, Frank has managed to wake up with that fresh morning toothpaste ad look about him, all happy and bright eyed and fucking bushy tailed. He’s laughing adorably, flapping his hands around a little; Frank’s really a morning person, Gerard just doesn’t get it.