If I Had Known (Sam x Reader)

Summary: The reader needs help on a case she's working on so she calls Dean. Instead of Dean, Sam shows up to offer his assistance; only to learn that he and the reader have a daughter together.

Reader Sex: Female

Reader Gender: Female

Pairing: Sam x Reader

Word Count: 3,507

Warnings: Angst, allusion to smut in the past, fluff, the reader and Sam's daughter is kidnapped, fighting a shape shifter, mention of blood, no smut

A/N: This is based on a dream I had so I took a break from working on requests in order to write it down. Also, if your name is Samantha, this is going to read weird.

Fic:

"Sam?" you ask, shocked to find the younger Winchester brother standing on your doorstep. It was supposed to be Dean here, not Sam. You hadn't seen Sam since he'd become Lucifer's vessel and gone to Hell.

"Hey Y/N," Sam says, nervously running his hand through his hair, "It feels like it's been forever since I've seen you. How long has it been, five or six years?"

"Yeah, something like that," you answer, "Where's Dean?" You could feel the awkwardness growing between you.

"He told me you called and needed help with a shape shifter," Sam tells you, "He also said to tell you he's sorry he couldn't make it. Something came up with Heaven and Cas needed help."

"Oh," you say, "Well, um, would you like to come in?" You weren't sure what to say. There were so many things you'd kept from him over the years and you knew he would probably hate you for it. You wouldn't be able to keep these secrets from him anymore.

"Thanks," Sam says, adjusting his pack on his shoulder as you move to the side and invite him in.

"Mommy, where did you go? I need help with my homework," your daughter calls from the kitchen.

"I'll be there in a minute Baby," you call back.

"Mom," she whines, "You promised not to call me that anymore."

"Sorry Baby," you answer, making her groan.

"You - you have a kid?" Sam asks.

"Um, yeah," you say shyly. Sam peeks around the corner and stops in his tracks.

"How old is she?" Sam whispers, dropping his pack to the floor.

"Five," you answer quietly. Sam swallows thickly, not taking his eyes off the girl sitting at the kitchen table.

"She's mine isn't she?" Sam asks, already knowing the answer, "I have a daughter."

"I'm sorry," you whisper.

"Sorry?" Sam asks, "We have a daughter."

"I know I should've told you," you say, "But I thought you were dead for over a year. Then Dean called me and said you'd come back but that you weren't yourself. After that, things kept happening in your life and I wasn't sure how a baby would fit in. I was afraid that if I told you about her, you'd be upset or angry or that you wouldn't want her. I thought it would be better for her to never meet you than to think she was unwanted."

"No, Y/N, I understand. You wanted to protect her," he says, "It's just that I never thought I'd have any kids. Does Dean know?"

"I never told him," you reply, "Are you angry with me?"

"Hell no," Sam answers quietly with a smile, "I could never be angry about something like this. We have a kid, I'm a dad!"

"Would you like to meet her?" you ask.