Chapter 31

______________________________________________________________

"Agnes." I said, "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I was wondering if you needed anything." She said as I let her in and sat in a room far from where Klaus was sleeping.

"I feel fine." I said "I had one mishap yesterday but nothing serious."

"I don't know, are you sure you feel okay?" She said

"I told you, Agnes, I feel great." I said "Is there a reason I shouldn't feel okay?"

"No, not at all. You're just overdue for a checkup." she said and I sighed.

"What am I gonna do, pop into the quarter for a quick ultrasound?" I said, "A pregnant werewolf escorted by a witch? It's unreasonable. Going back to Mystic Falls seems more logical that going there."

"A lot of women would kill to have a child. Strikes me as odd that you're not that excited." Rebekah said. I could hear the pain in her voice. I heard how Rebekah wanted a normal human life but at the same time is being a human all that good. 

It's not that I never wanted kids. In fact it was my dream to have a family one day. But then my parent's died and then I died. It was never logical, or an option. Now, I don't know if my heart has caught up to my brain about having a baby. Creating a child, carrying it for all this time... It just all seems like a n unreal dream that I don't want to wake up from, but might have to one day. 

"I know a doctor out in the bayou off the beaten path." Anges said, "Now I took the liberty of making an appointment for you tonight after hours, just us. Vampires will never get word of it."

"Fine." I said, "Bayou baby doctor will have to do." I walked over to the door and opened it to let Agnes out first.

An hour later we were at the bayou baby doctor and I sighed.

"This is the doctor's office?" I said pointing toward a small wooden shack-like... thing.

"Dr. Paige is only this far out because Marcel's men kept terrorizing her patients. Go, she won't bite." I opened the door and began to walk over to the door. I opened it and Dr. Paige was waiting for me.

"Come on sweety." She said. "just lay down on the table." I obeyed her command and she lifted up my shirt and she squirted some gel on my stomach and began an ultrasound.

"Everything looks good." She said, "Your baby's heart rate is perfect."

"I knew it. Our kids a tough one, like her parents." I said. This was the first time I had referred to the baby a our child and not a... it. 

I got a text from Rebekah and Klaus asking where I was and I quickly responded to both with 'at the baby doctor in Bayou should be done soon'.

"We're pretty much done here, right?" I asked as I clicked off my phone.

"Your blood pressure's a bit high." She said, "I've got something for it."

My blood pressure can't be high, so what the hell are they hiding?

I saw her walk out and began talking to Agnes. I heard a wolf howling and then a car approached. I knew it wasn't anyone I knew. 

"You know, I'm actually not that good with pills." I said

"Well, me neither, truth be told." She said. I saw 3 guys walk in and I knew something was up.

I turned around and saw Dr. Paige come at me and I quickly grabbed whatever she had in her hand, head-butted her, and then stuck the needle into her neck. She screamed alerting the others and they ran for the door. I was faster and I quickly locked it and ran to the window. I slid it open and began to run for not only my life but for my baby's.