II

Mitch's POV:

I smiled at Katrina as she splashed in the waves. I was filming her with my camera. I had debated bringing my camera for a little while, as they reminded me of Sam, but I wanted to catch Katrina's expression when I asked her the most important question of her life.

I panned the camera to her. "Here we are in beautiful Ibiza, Spain. Beautiful sand. Beautiful waves. My favorite shorts. And my favorite girl who is about to get...Oh my God!"

Katrina put her hands in front of her face. She pushed the camera down.

"Hey!"

"Come on, give it to me." She protested.

I couldn't help but laugh. "No! Stop! Come on!"

"Mitch!"

"This is great!" She frowned at me. "I'm serious. Oh. Oh, my God. That is so cute." She made an adorable face. "Honey, this is like...Let me film for just a couple minutes. It's like we're honeymooners. Honeymooners."

"Honeymoon?" She questioned.

"Yeah."

"We're not married."

I smiled. This was my moment. "Katrina Harper...You're my best friend in the whole world."

Katrina smiled at me adorably. "Oh, my God."

"Babe, stop it. You're gonna make me...If you get emotional, you're gonna kill me. I'm trying to get through this, babe. I love you more than anything. Will you marry me?"

"Oh, my God!" She cried. "Yes!"

I grinned. "Yeah?"

"Yes, Mitch Rapp. I'll marry you."

I did my best to adjust the camera and smiled. "Sorry. It's hard one-handed." She looked down at the ring on her neck. "You like it? It was my mom's ring."

And I meant to give it to Sam, but I'm glad Katrina has it. It looks beautiful on her.

She smiled. "I love it. I love you. I'm still..." She paused. "Are you filming? Oh, my God!"

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm still recording. I'm trying to get this."

"Come on, Mitch!"

I kissed her and said, "This is why I was filming now. You see, now you get it. Smile."

I took a picture of the two of us and said, "I'm gonna get drinks."

Katrina smiled and nodded. "Okay."

"Yeah?"

"Don't be too long."

"I won't, I won't. I love you. I'll be back."

As I walked out of the water, I said to people around, "Engagement drinks in the water, people."

"Whoo-hoo!" People cheered.

"Oh. Thank you. Thank you. Very sweet, thanks." I turned to Katrina and yelled, "Babe, we're getting an applause. I love you!"

I walked up to the bar and said, "Hola. Como estas?"

"What can I get you?"

"Um, can I just get two drinks, please? Dos bebidas, if that's right...Um, I just got engaged, so something special. It can be anything, though."

"Oh, you lucky guy."

"Oh, can they be kinda strong too? Is that cool?"

The bartender nodded and prepared two drinks. "Thank you, man." Katrina smiled and waved and I waved back. I noticed him pouring a lot of heavy alcohol. "Oh, whoa. Maybe not that strong."

I heard gunshots and jumped into the pool. When I got up, my immediate thought was my fianceé. "Katrina!" A bullet hit my leg and I fell. I got up immediately, as I needed to get to her. "Katrina! Katrina? Katrina!"

"Mitch! Mitch! Mitch! Mitch!"

I saw her fall to the ground. "Katrina!" As I reached her, another bullet hit me.

I laid next to Katrina's body. Her eyes were open and I couldn't hold the tears back.

I lost the second love of my life. It's time for some payback. Those terrorists are going to pay.