XIV

Mitch's POV:

I jumped from one boat to another. I saw Ronnie and lunged at him. A fight broke out, which was difficult, because every so often, the boat would zoom forward and knock us around.

Ronnie pulled out a knife and stabbed me. I ignored the wound and continued attacking him.

"The bomb can't be stopped. Just like you couldn't stop that beautiful girl from being kidnapped or that beautiful girl from dying on the beach." Ronnie said.

My attacks resumed. I didn't want to hear about Katrina or Sam. Especially Sam.

Ronnie started getting the better of me and started beating the living shit out of me. He whispered, "The last thing your girls saw was your face before she was taken and you not saving her."

Sure it isn't, you bastard.

Ronnie pulled me from the wall and knocked me to the ground. He flipped me over so I could see him as he said, "Didn't Hurley teach you anything, little brother?" I grabbed the arm holding the knife. "To never make it personal."

I stabbed his neck where Hurley had instructed in my training. "This isn't personal."

I climbed to the top and placed my bag on top. I took the wheel turned the boat. The helicopter followed me.

I heard Hurley say, "Rapp! Rapp! Can you hear me?" I glanced up at the helicopter. "Pick up the radio! Throw the bomb overboard!"

I shook my head and picked up the radio. "No way, sir, I gotta get further away from the fleet!"

"Rapp! For once in your life, take a goddamn order! The Sixth Fleet is about to blow you to hell!"

"Please, Mitch!" Sam's voice cried, coming through.

"Baby, I can't. I'm sorry."

I put down the radio and tossed the bag with the bomb into the water.

I reached for a rope that was lowered from the helicopter and wrapped it around my waist. I was lifted up by Hurley and the pilot. "Got less than 30 seconds."

"Alright, go!" Hurley demanded. "Get outta here!"

Sam ran up to me and pressed a kiss to my lips.

The bomb detonated, and the boat I was on was destroyed. I held Sam close to me. We felt the bomb's detonation in the air.

The helicopter started to turn against the pilot's wishes, and Sam held onto me for dear life. She'd always been afraid of flying, something I found slightly amusing, despite our current circumstances.

Alarms started ringing throughout the helicopter and it started to fall towards the water and the pilot managed to pull it up in time. "Brace!"

When everything subsided, I relaxed, still holding a terrified Sam close to me. "You shouldn't have come for me."

"Don't get used to it, son." Hurley answered.

Hurley answered the com. "Looks like we're gonna be alright up here. I think."

He turned to Sam. "Gilbert? You good back there?"

Sam nodded and mumbled, "Mm-hmm."

Hurley answered through his com again, "Hold on a minute."

I was given the headset. "Yeah, go ahead."

"You okay, Mitch?"

"Oh, yeah. I'm fantastic. Sam's here too. She's okay."

"You two saved a lot of lives today."

"Took some losses too." I replied.

Sam and I travelled to Dubai, after the events, to just calm down and get ahold of our lives.

At the beach, Sam ran into the water, and I followed, remembering what had happened to Katrina.

She splashed me and laughed while I frowned. "Oh, come on. Don't be such a sourpuss."

I splashed back and back floated before getting out, Sam following behind me.

She looked up at me. "Can we--"

"Sam, I--"

"Go ahead, Rapp."

"No, you."

She motioned for me to speak and I said, "I want to try this again, Sammy. Would you be my girlfriend?"

Sam nodded and kissed me before saying, "I would love to, Mitch."

Maybe I'll propose to her again soon, like I wanted to all those years ago.

We walked hand-in-hand to an elevator and a floor later, three men walked in. The leader turned and smiled at us. When he turned back, my expression dropped and I gave the man a deadly glare, and noticed that Sam was giving the same look.

Lovers and Assassins. It's a hell of a life. Together, Sam and I are deadly fierce, and I feel sorry for anyone who is either a target or gets in our way.