XI

Mitch's POV:

Back in the hotel, I showered first and then Sam did. Annika was going to take a bath, so she decided to wait.

While Sam was in the shower, Annika walked up to me and turned off the TV. "Let me help you."

"No, it's okay. I'm fine." I sat down on the bed.

As she grabbed a towel, she said, "You're not."

She dabbed my wound and after a moment, I asked, "How are you holding up?"

"I was afraid today." She answered. "I thought we were going to die. Sam wasn't. She's strong."

"Yeah, I'm either always afraid or never afraid. I don't know which. Sam's strength is one of the things I love most about her."

After bandaging my wound, Annika smiled. "There you go. Just relax now." She stood up. "We'll search for Ghost tomorrow."

Her words stopped me. She's not on our side at all.

Sam stepped out of the shower wearing shorts and a big t-shirt. Her wet hair dripped as she ran her hand through it. "Are you okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah, but I think we've been compromised."

Sam's eyes flicked to the bathroom where Annika had gone and I gave her a silent nod.

I stood up, motioning for Sam to stay, and walked to the bathroom. Annika turned to see me and let out a breath. "You scared me."

"Who are you?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"You said 'Ghost'."

"What about him?"

She's playing this off well. "I never told you that name."

"Hurley did."

I pushed her against the wall. "Yeah, I think you're full of shit."

"Mitch." She tried.

"Who are you?"

"Mitch, what's wrong with you? Sam, help!"

Sam appeared and narrowed her eyes at Annika. I demanded, "Who do you work for?"

"I'm CIA."

"Now don't fucking lie to me!" I cried, hitting the wall.

"I'm not lying!"

"You're Iranian, aren't you?"

"Get the fuck away from me!" She yelled, pushing me back.

She hit me where I'd gotten hurt and I groaned. Sam readied to step in, but I judo-flipped Annika over my shoulder and she landed on the ground. I held my hands to her neck and asked, "Are you working with the Iranians? Tell me the truth. Tell me the truth!"

"Go to hell!" Annika answered breathlessly.

I picked her up and slammed her against the wall before forcing her underwater. After a moment, I lifted her up and asked, "You Iranian intelligence? Are you Iranian intelligence?" I forced her back underwater before asking my next question. "What do you know about Ghost?" Once again, I forced her back underwater.

Sam placed a hand on my shoulder. "Come on. She's not gonna talk. We gotta get her to Hurley."

I nodded, knowing she was right.