Best Breakup

Anika Roy walked into her boyfriend's dorm room quietly but was dumbfounded by the scene in front of her. The person she thought she loved was making out with another girl. He was so into her that he couldn't sense the door opening, her footsteps, her small stumble. She didn't make a sound and quickly left the two on the sofa. Wiping her tears, she took out her phone and messaged the contact under the name 'The Only One 😘❤️' and messaged an address and time to him. Getting another idea, she forwards the same address and time to many people in her university.

Running out of the corridor she went to her room and fixed herself. He was a cheater? The same one who had been on her side for a whole year? Was she the only he was seeing apart from herself? Wiping her face, she washed it and began applying makeup. As she brought the bold red shade of lipstick to her lips she stopped and thought. He never liked her wearing things like this as he didn't like other people laying eyes on her. Little did she know he had himself on other girls. She smirked and applied the product.

After this, Anika walked to her wardrobe. She pushed aside all the clothes that her ex gave her and brought out the ones she thought she would never wear again. He didn't allow Anika to wear shorts, crop tops or anything like that, he claimed she could only wear revealing clothes with him. She hadn't felt comfortable to do that, but now she was gonna break those boundaries that he were built for her unknowingly. She picked out a leopard print skirt and black crop top. He would never ever approve this. But hey, who is she to listen to some jerk? Slipping on some heels, she checked her phone. She inhaled and exhaled deeply. Can she really do this? Then the image pf what she saw before came in her mind. Of course, she has to. Slipping on a long coat, she strode out with dark glasses covering the last few tears she had left to shed.

Anika soon reached the place and saw a few people gathered around. It was not too dark, but the sun was certainly not shining brightly. A few benches were here and there in the park. This are was indeed the place where most Uni students would meet and hang out. This was also where she first met him. That cheater, dhokebaaz. She was naive then, not now. Now she knew she had to take a stand cor herself.

She noticed one guy standing at a distance. Taking slow steps towards him, she brought him closer to the speaker and got him to sit nearer to the area she had cleared out. She bent down and whispered in his ear

"I have a surprise for you"

The guy was quite shocked. She had never really spoken to him, only in class discussions. He would generally mess up his words, after all, that's what a crush makes you do. What could she possibly be up to?

Anika looked ahead. She saw that 'boyfriend' of hers approaching her. Taking long strides, she made him sit and called everyone over

"For my dear boyfriend Vikram, aaj tak aapne mujhe bohot diya hai. On our one year anniversary, I wanna return the favour" Anika smirked and then secretly, unnoticed by anyone, winked at the boy she had a surprise for.
Shivaay, that's his name, right?
Her heart answered Yes
"Vikram, this one's for you"
She gave a thumbs up to one of her friends and they began to play the music on the speakers. The song 'Sudhar Ja' began playing, but this song was new for Vikram, he had no idea what was in store for him. She threw off her long coat revealing what clothes she had and Vikram was shocked

Mere liye tu pehli dafa tha
Dekha tujhe aur kuch to huya tha
Ab lage jaise sapna bura tha
(You were the very first time (love) for me
Something happened when I saw you first time
Now it seems like a bad dream)

She began dancing and all began cheering her on. None of them had ever seen her dance like this. No one thought she could. All were amazed at her and started cheering her on.