Summer Solstice: Encounter

"What a nerve!" I said as I slam the bathroom door shut to get a shower.

"Marie, careful with that door. The house is antique." Aunt said as she made the breakfast.

I heard a sizzling noises from the kitchen as I went inside the bathroom and turned on the shower.

What is she cooking anyway? Is this another episode of kitchen versus Aunt?

"I'll be careful next time," I shouted as I undressed myself for the shower.

Hopefully, She will not destroy the entire house with her cooking.

I remember some infamous stories that my Aunt once burn the kitchen in my grandparents' house. Then suddenly, that dream occupied my head.

What was that dream about? Could it be a premonition? If I ever saw that type of guy, I will definitely slam his head on that concrete street instead of smacking him with my fist. Now I really want to go out and venture out that location.

"Meet me here tomorrow," I said mimicking that guy from my dream.

What a bossy dude!

I never ever met such a guy even in real life. Most of the guys I knew are mostly from school and all of them doesn't have the guts to asked me out because they are scared of my mom and about my family. As if we are cursed or something.

Also, I can't go out of the the household property unless I have a chaperone. Throughout my life, I had been trained by the tutors on how to become a proper lady. It's so boring.

To get my freedom back, I plan on leaving the house after I graduate from high school and work for myself. I don't care if I don't much, I rather be free than be controlled throughout my entire life.

My family are one of those families who still followed a certain tradition. A tradition which I really hated, it's freaking post-technology era, have the elders ever heard that I'm a teenager and I have a life too.

As I got off the shower, I put on a sunflower-patterned sundress and went to the kitchen eat my breakfast.

"This looks delicious," I said and taste the banana pancakes that she just made.

"It better be. Look at the mess I just made in the kitchen," Aunt said as she pointed at the sink and stove. It looked like some raccoons just left the house or as if someone just had a food fight.

"What so special about today's breakfast. I mean we usually just eat cereal and ready-to-eat stuff?" I asked and met her eyes.

"Oh nothing, I just don't want you to eat the same stuff. You probably had better foods at the main house," she said and smiled to hide her sadness.

"Yeah, but I liked your cooking better," I said and ravished all the pancakes.

I wished Mom will cook some food for me someday.

*****

"Where are you going this afternoon?" Aunt asked as I put my sandals on my feet at the patio.

"Nowhere just going to get something at the convenient store," I said as I checked my wallet for cash, just in case they don't the card.

Black card.

"Don't forget to bring your phone," she shouted from the living room as she watched her afternoon shows.

"I'm not going anywhere far," I shouted back as I am going down the hill.

Her house is located at the top of a small hill and its the best location to see the ocean and even the streets down below. Although walking up and down the pathway is kind of tiring sometimes and especially harder during rainy days. Luckily, today is sunny and windy.

As I walked down, I saw the neighbors and greeted them, it has been a habit of mine, especially the elders. This town is small and is located at the side of the island and so, everyone knows everybody.

"Are you Daisy's niece? What a beautiful girl," an elderly lady said as she saw me. I saw that she is accompanied by a little girl, probably her granddaughter.

"Yes. Nice to meet you, I'm Marie," as I bowed to pay my respect, I saw a dark threads around her body. I blinked once and it's still there. Then I blinked once more and it's gone.

"It's nice to meet you but I have to go. See you later," I said and hurried myself away from there.

What was that? It was probably my imagination...

As I reached the main road, I saw the same scenery from my dream.

I walked on the sidewalk closer to the waterfront. The town is almost the same level as the sea and as if it will be easily swallowed up by the tsunamis. The hard tetrapods are the only things that separate this low road from the waters.

I continued walking and saw the rocks, but the boy was not there. I knew that it was just a stupid dream, but it felt real in my head.

I stood there for a few minutes, mesmerize while looking at the waves and listening to the sounds as they hit the rocks.

Thank God it's now cloudy or else I will get a sunburn!

Minutes passed and I saw a couple began walking on the path that I have to cross. The brown-haired girl giggled as the boy gave her kisses on her cheeks and lips.

The boy enjoyed himself as he held her face with his hands.

Geez. Get a room!

I rolled my eyes and sighed.

I walked passed them using the road and then suddenly a car came out of nowhere. I jumped on my right and accidentally hit the couple.

The girl almost feel on the tetrapods but the boy caught her, while I fell and scraped my knees on the concrete sidewalk.

"Are you okay?" the boy asked the girl as he helped her regain her composure.

"Yeah, I'm fine," the girl replied. Then as she saw me she asked,"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm okay," I said avoiding her hands when she tried to helped me get up.

As I stood up, I felt pain on my knees and as I looked at them, blood oozes from the scrapes.

Shit! Mom is going to kill me.

"Hey, I think you should apologize because you almost killed May," he said.

As our eyes met I saw a resemblance between him and the boy from my dreams. I think I might have hit my head too without me knowing.

Then I felt and irritation coming over me as I remember what that boy told me in the dream. Meet me here tomorrow.

What a waste of time!

"No, I think you should apologize for blocking the way. You almost had me killed by a car," I retorted.

I don't know if I'm angry that they almost end my teenage life or that this person forgot his promise.

Whatever, I don't care about that stupid dream anymore.

"I think it's our fault Ren. We shouldn't had stood here," May apologized and is about to bow when I interrupted her and said, "You don't have to do that"

"But your knees," she muttered.

"It's okay," I assured her and decided to go back at my Aunt's place before Ren and I will waste another more minutes arguing.

Ugh! I hate him so much.