Chapter 2

HICCUP

It's been two hours since Elsa left. I walk into the living room with the baby. "Watching you won't be so hard," I tell him as I sit down with him. "It's not like you're going to do anything. You already had a two-hour nap." I think for a moment. "And yet, I'm talking to you, and you probably don't even know I'm talking to you."

He just stared at me. "That's right." I sigh to myself getting up again. I was about to put him in the playpen in the living room when I hear someone knock on the door. I slowly go to ten door opening. Merida and Rapunzel standing there. "Hi?"

Rap looked to me. "I'm sorry. We should've called. You had no idea we were coming, did you?" She asked.

I shake my head slowly. "Nope."

"Sorry," Merida replied then looked to Asher.

I step aside slowly. "Come in,"

Rapunzel steps in, Merida and followed. "Elsa home?" She asked.

"No. She went out with Anna."

"So, she left you with the baby?" Merida asked.

"Yep."

"That sucks,"

I lead them to the parlor then out the baby in the playpen. "It's really not," I tell them. "He doesn't do anything."

Rap smirked a little. "Just wait. He'll get worse. He'll make you wanna' rip your hair out." She said.

I give her a look. "Why would I wanna' rip my hair out? It took forever to get it this perfect." I joke.

Merida punched me roughly. "Ow -- I was kidding!"

She sat down beside me as Punzie lifted Asher out of the playpen. "Oh I can't wait until you can crawl," she starts then sits down in the rocking chair. "You'll drive your parents insane." She laughed.

"Hey!"

"I'm kidding," she laughed.

We stay silent for a moment. "So, Els left you with the baby time, how's he getting feed?" Merida asked.

I lean over a little sighing. "I don't know," I answer.

"Does aha realize you can't feed him?" Rapunzel asked.

"We already went over this, this morning," I say.

Rapunzel just smiled then looked back to the baby. She frowned for a minute then got up giving me the baby. "Why's he wearing mitts?" She asked.

I go blank. I can't lie. I'm very bad at it. But they can't know he has magic. They don't I don't have it, they'll assume it's Elsa. "I don't know," I started, my voice shaky. "Ask Elsa that. She just put them on him. Maybe she was scared he would get cold in this season." I tell them, feeling instantly bad for lying.

"Huh, I don't think she'd have to worry, it's surprisingly warm for September," Merida said slowly.

"It's what first mothers do, they worry."

Rapunzel only nodded slowly. "Okay,"

I get up slowly going to the playpen, in an attempt to put the baby back in there. I lay him then down sit back down. "When'll Elsa be back?" Merida asked me.

"Dunno, she said hopefully soon."

Rapunzel slowly stood up. Merida did too. "We'll let you get on with your morning." She said.

"Okay,"

I follow them to the door. "Call us when Elsa gets home," Punz adds.

"Kay" I open the door. "I'll see you soon." I watch them leave then close the door. I look to Toothless then go back to the living room. "Well," I start to the baby. "I guess it's just you and me again."