Chapter 3

Elsa's P.O.V.

I walk into the house quietly. Glancing into the living room, I see Hiccup asleep on the couch. I have a feeling Asher was asleep too. I walk in to see him asleep in the playpen. With a small sigh, I glance to Hiccup then picked my son up. "Let's get you fed." 

I go I leave, walking past Hiccup. I take a pillow of the rocking chair, throwing it at Hiccup. He groaned but woke up. "I'm awake!" he grunted.

I smile at him as he gets up. "You're not doing you're duties, Mr. Haddock!" I joke with him.

"He fell asleep. I had nothing to do." He protested.

"I'm playing!" I say, then went no the kitchen with him beside me.

"I have to feed the baby," I tell him.

"Okay,"

"You don't mind, do you?" I ask him.

He smirked, leaning against the counter. "Don't care, I've seen you like that!" he joked. I give him look then toss an apple at his head. "Ow -- hey now! I was joking!"

I give him another look. "I'm off limits!" I hiss.

He snickered. "I wasn't planning on it!" I just smile at him "Oh, Rap and Mer came by." He said to me.

"Oh did they?"

"Yeah, they were looking for you." I don't say anything. He took the apple I threw at him putting in the basket. "So what'd you do today?" he asked.

"Anna and I just hung out," I say.

"Oh yeah..." Hiccup started with a yawn.

"What about you?" I ask him.

"Nothing really, watching Asher." He sighed.

"Fascinating!" I mimic him. He just smirked. I look to Asher. He was asleep. "I'm going to put him to bed!" I tell him.

"I will," Hiccup told me slowly taking the baby.

"Thanks!"

"I'll be back." He said going upstairs. I just smile getting something out of the fridge. I get a blender and some fruit.

A couple of minutes after, Hiccup came back down. "No problem?" I ask about Asher.

"He's not that hard to put down." Hiccup said.

"He is for me."

"Nope." He added coming to the counter.

"Whatcha making?"

"Smoothie."

"Should I be scared?" he joked. Considering the last time I tried to make something, I forgot to spray the pan I was using, and everything had stuck to the pan. Hiccup now has a fear of me being in the kitchen.

"Yes," I say blending some fruit.

"I didn't even hear him cry!" I add on to the Asher topic.

"No. He was out as soon as I brought him up." Hiccup grabbed a wooden spoon from the metal cup.

"What's that for?" I ask.

"Just wait," he smirked. 

I turn the blender off taking the lid off. I grab a large cup, trying to pour it in. It wouldn't come out. "I made it to thick," I tell him with a whiny tone. He effortlessly spun the wooden spoon in his hand then hit the side of the blender. After he did that most of the smoothie came out. I just look at him. "How'd you know?" I ask.

"I've made the same mistake." I smile at him flicking some of my smoothie mix at him. "-- Hey!" He wiped the smoothie off of his face. "Eww."

I take a sip of my smoothie.  "Do you work the week?" I ask him.

"Yep."

"Oh, so I'm on baby duty?" I ask. "I guess it's payback for leaving him with you all day?"

"Nope." I look at him. "He's my son too, I have to take responsibility. I sorta signed up for this," he explained. I sigh. He sorta did. Then again so did I. "Anyways..." he started. "I gotta take a shower, I have a shift in two hours." He finished. 

"Okay." He kissed my cheek then went upstairs. "Don't wake the baby!" I yell sternly.

"Have no intentions." I smile again taking a sip of my smoothie. He's certainly one of a kind.