Chapter 9

I stood in the dressing room at the town hall founders hall. Hiccup was downstairs. My hair was in a left side braid woven with snowflake incrustations, and wisps of my bangs slicked back on top of my head.

I had an off-the-shoulder crystal-blue dress with a right knee-high slit, a crystallized bodice, powder blue sleeves, a long transparent glitter trail cape, and a nice-looking high heels that look as if they were made with glass.  

I was so nervous. What if I mess up or something bad happens? What if I reveal my powers? The door opened as Hiccup himself came in. "You look scared?" He sighed as he came to me.

"I am."

He carefully moved a strand of my hair out of my eye. "You also look really beautiful."

I look at him. "You shouldn't be in here," I tell him.

"Eh. When am I known to listen?" He asked me. The lady looked to me then escorted me out of the room. I walked to the top floor where the spiral staircase was. I look over the edge to see all the people.  I think I might throw up.

"Miss Rapunzel Corona." I heard Hiccup's father call out as this whole thing started. I watched Punzie go down the stairs slowly. "Escorted by Mr. Eugene Fitzherbert." I look down again. I tried to think about the best thing possible. "Miss Anna Arendelle." He called again. "Escorted by Mr. Kristoff Bjorgman." Yes, Anna is in this too. Our Aunt made us. I take a deep breath. I'm so scared. "Miss Elsa Arendelle, escorted by Mister Hiccup Haddock

I take another deep breath then slowly go down the stairs. Hiccup waited at the bottom with all of the escorts. Damn, he looks so hot in a suit. "You're doing fine," he whispered quietly. He takes my hand, slowly taking me outside where the other girls and their escorts are. We were in all separate lines.  Rapunzel, The others, and myself in one line, and Eugene, The other guys, and Hiccup in the other line. I curtsied as Hiccup bowed to me. I hear the music start and watch the others start. "Remember what I told you." Hiccup whispered to me, as we both put our right hand up, slowly walking in a circle.

"I'm so scared," I whispered back.

"Don't be." He told me, as we lower our arms.

"You're doing perfectly fine," he whispered as we raise our left arms, circling.

"What if I reveal my magic?" I ask as we lower our left arm.

We raise both arms, circling. "You'll be fine," he started quietly.

I look him in the eyes. I know he's not lying. I can trust him. The chorus of the song comes. Hiccup stepped forward, taking my hand. The others did the same. Each pair went in a different direction. He backed up, I followed his lead. I felt like a was going to trip over something. "Relax." He whispered to me, as I followed his lead.

I nod slowly, staring into his gaze. I smile faintly. I'm so lucky to have him. The dance came to an end. Hiccup backed up, looking me down. His gaze caught me. It was always him. His green gaze glowed with the usual spark. The one I fell for when I met him. I hear people clap. Hiccup just smiled faintly.

Finally, it's over!

LATER

Hiccup pulled the car up to a park. After a few seconds, I recognized it. It was the park that... you Know. Yeah. That park. "Why are we here?" I ask him.

"It's a surprise." He told me as he opened my door. I slowly get out of the car.

"That last time we were here, we ended up with a baby 9 months later. I'm a little concerned about what your surprise is." I tell him.

"Nothing bad." He said closing the door.

I lightly punch him. "Better not."

"Come on."

He heads me down to the frozen water where we were when we had that talk about the baby. I sit down slowly, he did as well shortly after. "So. Why did you bring me here?" I ask.

"I already said. I have a surprise," he told me.

"Should I be scared?"

"You can if you want, but if I were you I wouldn't." He told me, putting his hand in his jacket pocket.

"So whys the surprise?" I ask.

"You want to know?" He asked.

I think for a moment. "Yes."

"Okay." He sighed taking something out of his pocket. It was so dark I couldn't see it.

He took a deep breath. "I'm going, to be honest. I don't know how I'm going to say this." He started. He looked at me. "You're Elegant, powerful, caring, protective, kind-hearted, remorseful, selfless, intelligent, independent, playful, artistic, practical, down-to-earth, lovable and graceful..." he started quietly. I give him a look. "You are the best thing in my life," his added. "The light of me." I don't say anything. "I'd rather die now than be forced to stay away from you. Leaving you would be the death of me."

He glanced to the item in his hand. "Hiccup?"

He looked up again. he stayed silent for a moment. He looked out to the icy pond. He took another deep breath. He looks to me again. He played with whatever was in his hand before opening it. "That's why I was wondering if I could have your hand in Marriage?"