Rescue mission

Link was on all fours, gasping for air, his sword impaled in the sand. He failed to save her, the princess. He failed his only job, and now he couldn't even get up. He didn't know what to do, if he should go back to Gerudo Town or not. No, it would be too late, he'd have to go after her himself. 

With all the strength he could muster, Link heaved himself to his feet, and gritted his teeth through the pain. He clutched his ribs, where the Yiga has managed to get a slice on him. When he went to grab for his sword, Links hands were shaking violently. He took a deep breath and composed himself. He had to save her, not matter the cost. Link, sheaved his sword, and looked around frantically, before laying eyes on a sand seal.

~••••••••~

"What are you going to do with me?" Zelda Asked, scared.

"Nothing, yet," Leered The Yiga, "we've given your boyfriend some time to get you, if he doesn't come soon then..."

The Yiga whipped out the Windcleaver.

"Let's hope he loves you enough to come for you, to die for you..."

The Yiga walked out of the cell where Zelda was being held captive, and locked the door behind him. Zelda slid down against the wall, and put her head in her hands. This was a trap, set for Link. She knew he would come for her, but Zelda wished he wouldn't. If Link comes, then he will be killed. She would rather have a meeting with the windcleaver, than have Link dying to save her.

~•••••••~

"Your turn."

Two Yiga soldiers were playing a game of cards, supposedly guarding the entrance to the hideout. Link peeked around a rock, then snuck past the two soldiers, who were oblivious to his presence.

"Hey you!"

Link froze on the spot.

"You cheated!" Exclaimed one of the Yiga soldiers.

He was pointing to the other.

"No I didn't," replied the other.

"Yes you did I saw you!"

The soldiers continued to argue as Link made his way into the hideout, not before rolling his eyes at the pathetic guards. To Link's surprise, there were  no guards on patrol, which made Link even more weary. He continued to creep through the hideout, peeking around corners, to see  no guards. After a while of sneaking around a seemingly deserted hideout, Link found a cell.

"Link!" Zelda Called out, "Link don't co-"

"I knew he would fall for our trap!"

Link turned around to see five Yiga blademasters. The blademaster at the front appeared to be their new leader.

"The boyfriend couldn't resist to rescue his princess," Leered the leader, "I'm quite surprised actually, you almost ran out of time."

"Actually I'm not her boyfriend," Link said loudly, "We're... I'm... she's..."

Zelda sighed with embarrassment.

"Silence!" Snapped the leader, "Redeem yourself, so You can be at peace in the afterlife...."

 The leader beckoned to the four blademasters behind him. 

"You won't lay a finger on her!" Link shouted fiercely, "else I will rip out your guts, and smear your blood on the wall!"

The blademasters stopped in their track.

"Jeez dude, turn it down a notch." Said one.

"Keep it PG." Said another.

Link went red.

"You won't lay a finger on her, else you will regret it." Link said hastily.

"That's better," Said a blademaster, "now we will end your life."

The blademasters attacked Link, who was immediately pinned on the floor, windcleaver near his throat.

"And when we're done with you, we'll slice her pretty little neck." Whispered a blademaster.

Link gritted his teeth, and pushed the blademaster off of him. Link drew his sword, and when he lifted it up in the air, it was smeared with the blademaster's blood.

"You think killing one of them is enough?" Sneered the leader.

Link wore a fierce expression on his face. 

"I think it's enough." He said through gritted teeth, "you mess with the bull, and you get the horns."

"Look at me, I'm quivering." Mocked the leader, "what are you all waiting for, kill him!"

The blademasters stayed put, not wanting to go near Link.

"You're all pathetic!" Screamed the leader, "fine, kill the girl!"

The blademasters shrugged at each other, then moved towards Zelda. When they got to her cell, Link held his sword under their noses. 

"Do you really want to do that?" Link Asked.

"For our leader!" Cheered the blademasters.

They all attacked Link again, as Zelda stared in fear. This time, Link was held against the wall by this throat. 

"Look at the wound we gave you earlier, it would be a shame if..."

The blademaster sliced Link in the same place where he was wounded from the first attack in the desert. Link's face was contorted with pain, as he fell to the floor, clutching his ribs.

"Link, no!" Zelda screamed.

The blademasters turned their blades to Zelda.

"Monsters!" She weeped, "how dare you!"

The leader walked into the cell, and lifted his blade in the air, ready to strike.

"Any last words?" He asked.

"You're not hurting my princess on my watch!"

Link leaped in the air, and dug the Mater Sword in the leaders back. The leader screamed in pain, as blood dribbled from his mouth.

"This isn't the end, boy!" He shouted, "you shall pay, your children shall pay, as will their children! Your descendants will suffer because of you!"

The leader dropped down onto the floor, as he took his last breath.

"Anyone else want to get the same treatment?" Link Asked blademasters

They all shrugged and slowly backed away from Link.

"Don't think you've won," Said a blademaster hastily.

Once they were all gone, Link walked over to the cell and opened it.

"You are now officially rescued, m'lady." He Said.

Zelda got up and wrapped her arms around Link.

"You're crazy!" She cried.

She dug her head into his shoulder. Link smiled and stroked her head.

"People do crazy things when they're in lo- I mean you're welcome." He replied.

Zelda stepped back, and cupped his face in her hand as she inspected the various cuts on his face. There were multiple cuts on his cheeks, and his lips were red with blood.

"Let's get you back and sorted out," Whispered Zelda, tenderly.

----------------------------------------