Costume

It was no secret that Dick was getting bigger after all he is eleven now. The costume just doesn't fit the same way any more. Bruce and Alfred decided to tell Dick that it's time for a new outfit.

He's had two past ones. They both had the same colors but the difference was one had green scaly short shorts while the other had green pants. Bruce was expecting Dick to go with the same colors as before.

"Dick!" Bruce yelled as his young ward came sliding down the rail of the stairs.
"Master Richard, Don't do that!" Alfred yelled.
"Yes Alfred... Yes Bruce?" Dick said the second part with excitement and confusion.
"Your eleven now." Bruce started realising his "son" was growing up but when? Who? Seem like yesterday he took the young boy in.
"Yup!" Dick confirmed.
"Which means a new costume." Bruce said.
"No short shorts!" Alfred added into the converstaion.
"I wasn't going to say that..." Dick said.
"Good." Bruce adds.
"Well.. I want a Red Shirt and the R symbol like always!" Dick said as Alfred wrote down the boys request.
"And green pants, Master Dick?" Alfred asked.
"Nah.. I want something different." Dick said.
"Like?" Bruce asked.
"I don't know... Any ideas?" Dick responded.

Bruce thought about it.. His son didn't want to be a Christmas tree.. Or at least wear a outfit like one.. Excluding the yellow cape of course. It was the perfect time to make him fit in the Darkness more.

"Black?" Bruce questioned.
"... Yes!" Dick said happily.
"May I suggest a darker shade of red then?" Alfred said.
"Awesome! I'm going to look so cool with my red shirt, black pants and black outside and yellow inside cape!" Dick said with a sparkle in his eye.
"Wait you never said you were changing the cape." Bruce said.
"Well I am! I want it yellow inside black outside and for it to be longer!" Dick said.

Alfred thought of three different designs that he drew on paper then showed the young boy from there Dick picked the one he liked the most which has some red going into the pants.

It took about a week but Alfred finally finished the new Costume Dick wanted.

"It is done Master Dick." Alfred said as the boy ran over in excitement grabbed it and headed to the bathroom. Bruce hasn't seen his "Sons" new costume design...

His "son" came out wearing the darker colors that will help him hide more. Bruce smiled. His "Son" was happy and he wasn't the safest but he was safer being able to hide in the night compared to being a target for the villains.

Author Note: I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter please tell me your thoughts!  So this was a request from @polli2123