Adoption

Bruce P.O.V November 30th

"Master Bruce Dick is turning fourteen in one day." Alfred said.
"I know." I responded.
"Well what are you doing for him this year?" Alfred asked.
"Look.. I really want to adopt him... But I don't want to replace his parents.. I don't want to over step my bounds. Plus I don't know if he would want to be adopted." I said.
"Master Bruce I'm sure he would love to be taken in as your son.. I mean he already is.. Why not make it official." Alfred said.

December 1st

I walked down the stairs... I had a meeting to go to... I haven't told Dick that I might miss his Birthday because of work.

Dick was sitting at the table eating Pancakes. I walked over and put my hand on his hair to mess it up.

Dick looked up..

"Morning Bruce." He said.
"Morning.. Happy Birthday." I said.
"Thanks... Are you going to my party thia year?" Dick asked.
"I can't... I have work.." I said.. He had no reaction to it.
"Okay." He said.

I walked back up stairs.

Dick P.O.V

"Good morning Master Dick." Alfred said.
"Morning." I said.
"Happy Birthday.. How many people will be here tonight?" Alfred asked.
"Thanks and to be honest I don't know." I said

People started to arrive for my birthday. I didn't really know any of them.... That is until Artemis and Bette came... Along with Barbara.

I was with them almost all Night.

"Who wants Pizza?" Alfred asked.

Which caught everyone's attention... Beside him was Bruce...

I walked over to Bruce which we walked away from everyone..

"Thought you weren't coming." I said.
"I couldn't miss your Birthday.. Besides work can wait.. Also I have something for you but your going to have to wait until the end of your party." Bruce said.

I played a few games and got locked in a closet for 7 minutes.. Eventually everyone started leaving.

"Well see you later.. Nice party by the way." Bette said.
"Agreed. Bye Grayson." Artemis said.
"See You in school Dick." Barbara said leaving with Bette and Artemis. They were the last to leave.

"Alright everyone left... What is it?" I said.

As Bruce handed me a folder.

"Before you open it I want you to know that you don't have to agree if you don't want to. I'm not forcing you." Bruce said.

I opened it to see Adoption papers... Something I've wanted for a while now... A big smile went across my face and I hugged Bruce. He hugged me back..

"Why wouldn't I agree?" I asked.
"Well.. I don't want to take the spot of your parents." Bruce said.

I grabbed a pen and signed my signature.. He had to take them to get it official which he said he'll do tomorrow...

Then I'll be

Richard John Grayson-Wayne

Author Note: The idea came from @christelightlavo
Hope you enjoyed this chapter.