6 - Silent Heaven

A dark liquid filled her only vision. The water created waves as if little particles fell unto it. A finger had lightly poked into the water, creating a larger circular wave just as a voice spoke.
          "Is this true happiness?"
Nothingness amassed the endless realm of her vision. A sense she was all too familiar with. Life was just a empty shell to her now, some nights she wondered why she was even going on living. It wasn't just because of her deceased fiance, Tatum. It was just everything.
          From the latest she could remember, life held no meaning. No sound, no majestic reason to hold a fully completed smile. The color of the world looked more pale to her, and the beautiful blue skies held a darker tone of grey, the whims of twilight that would disrupt her every day life. The voices of the people who crowded the outside streets held smiles on their face, her inner veins grew envious; their voices formed whispers that crept through her ears. Paranoid, she hid away from the predators who stared at her willingly.
          She ran from the people and soon hid away in her home, her own silent heaven. Now that her only protector was gone from this world, she was alone.

          Trinity's eyes opened and her head swung up. Her breathing was heavy and her forehead was drenched in sweat. Panting, her eyes looked around the room, with her fan next to her on the end table letting out a soft breeze unto her body.
          "Another dream...?" She whispered amongst her panting, wiping away some of her sweat, "It felt so real this time..."
          Turning her body to sit on her bed, she let out a quiet yawn before stepping off the bed. Her feet, being warmed by a striped white and grey pair of socks set upon the white carpet of the floor. Her soft fist rubbed her right eye as her slow steps guided her out of her small room. Only wearing an oversized white shirt, with some black shorts being hidden underneath the white shirt because of its length, Trinity opened the front door of her apartment and bent down to retrieve the newspaper that was laid upon her front porch. Once she held the newspaper in her hand firmly and stood up right again, her eyes focused on the man who was standing at his front door, staring at the front door with no movements being performed.
          "Um, excuse me-..." Trinity spoke awkwardly, tossing the newspaper on a long table near the door and nervously pulling down her white shirt to cover herself up a little more.
          "Ugh... U-... Ahhh...." The man mumbled to himself.
          Trinity's eyes frowned as she stared at him, puffing her cheeks and turning back to her apartment to kick the door closed abruptly, "How rude."
          After calming down after obviously being ignored, Trinity's eyes glanced down at the newspaper with particular interest. Her hand reached down to pick it up again, skimming through some text that was written on the front page. It looked like some breaking news, a murder perhaps;

          Breaking news! Doctor Terrel Sparks was apparently found murdered last night by one of the nurses of the Requiem Hospital. The cause of death is unknown at this time, but it is assumed that the cause of death was the numerous stab wounds; approximately 27 as said by a report. What was also found on the body was choke marks, evidence of sexual abuse, burn marks, scratch marks up the victim's back and the worst of his, the cutting of his genital parts, with his manhood being cut off by the apparent murder weapon raw. The murder weapon, found next to the victim's body, was a combat knife with a unique design. The knife was found bloodied with the victim's blood and pieces of his flesh still attached. One other thing to note, is that the knife was also stabbed and cut into the victim's face, tearing out most of his teeth, his tongue, his eye was cut up, and a marking was cut into his forehead.
          It is unknown who the murder suspect is at this moment, as the police is still attempting to gather evidence on the crime scene, but he/she is definitely armed and dangerous.
          Doctor Terrel Sparks is a therapist at the Requiem Hospital, helping patients with extreme personality disorders and suicidal tendencies. There was a recent claim that Sparks was sexually abusing his patients, one in particular who will remain unnamed to protect their identity. Though, those claims were immediately shut down by hospital staff claiming, "Sparks is an admiral man who gains respect from peers and patients alike. A ten year therapist who was previously given awards for his progress with his patients. There are no indications that such reports are true, though we will continue to investigate and hope that these claims are falsified."
          It is advised that if anyone had knowledge of Doctor Terrel Sparks' death, that they report to the police immediately.