Snoring Xinyi

Xinyi noticed the man chasing her slowed down because of the sound of his footsteps lessened. She thought, "Did his feet get tangled up?" Xinyi touched her heart and took a deep breath, hoping that her pursuer was not looking at her.

She grinned and changed her direction, heading back to 'her' dilapidated villa as fast as she could.

She reached the villa in minutes of stealth movements. As her feet touched the roof, she jumped down and changed to another dress in swift movements. She also took off the necklace, in consideration if that man would come here and see her.

"It's better to be careful than careless," Grandma Liu and Yan Ma always told her in the past.

In haste, she placed the clothes she wore earlier, necklace, and blanket under a nearby heap of grass, and laid down on it as she covered her body with the pile. She also made sure her hair cloaked her face for precaution in case if he saw her face earlier and connect the dots.

The birds flew fast away from the three when they saw the nightingale's signal telling them she was safe. The lookout nightingale, who Xinyi asked, perched itself on a tree near the villa's entrance.

After the whisper's distraction, Ming couldn't sense her presence from then on and went straight to his two brothers, Zhāi the warrior, and Qínfèn the youngest of the three.

"Did you see her?" asked Ming.

"Nope, big bro," said Qínfèn, pulling a dangling apple from a branch.

"Don't tell me; you didn't follow right after I ran after her."

"She's just a girl. You can't handle her by yourself?" questioned Zhāi, who was wiping the newly plucked apple. Ming squinted at him as Zhai smiled and bit into the fruit while making sure his older brother could hear the crunching sounds...

"Besides, you like her, so we let you catch her on your own," said Qínfèn, who followed suit on eating fruit.

Ming kicked the ground and glared at his brothers who were teasing him and said, "You two..." While looking away, Ming added, "Let's check Anjing Pavilion."

"Oh, hehe," smirked Zhāi, "Ahem, are we checking your... ahem." Zhāi teased and looked away whistling as he walked ahead of them, afraid the eldest would counter.

"I'm not going for that Xian... I want to see if that animal lady went there and might have done something to that woman." Ming replied in annoyance.

Qínfèn laughed. "Oh, just admit you're concerned about your newly wedded wifey." And ran fast to catch up with Zhāi, fearing the smacking on the head from the eldest.

Ming's temple trembled, totally in a bad mood now. The two felt the rising temperature behind them and hurriedly jumped up on a tree and climbed the villa's walls ahead of Ming, avoiding his fit of anger.

Ming followed, still upset because he had no one to vent his anger toward.