Pranks

"So we need to go to her and ask how to put the stone together without crashing it but...," added Nianshi.

"But?" Ming interjected. She couldn't wait longer.

"I don't know the way because the Sorceress went there through her time portal."

"Ah." "Oh my." Each of them cried. More headaches. Xinyi could only sigh.

On the next day, Ming started the construction of Anjing Pavilion after he finished building a hut within the forest but with a nice silk-covered soft bed and with other conveniences Xinyi demanded from him.

He also brought Gu Dai to keep his promise, but they had to warn Gu Dai not to tell of her master's power and the Hutyuns or it would cause her life. But, to their surprise, Gu Dai already knew of her power.

"Did father send you to me because you won't be afraid of my power?" Xinyi asked Gu Dai with widened eyes while she sat on a reclined bamboo seat.

"Yes, my Lady," replied Gu Dai as she received an umbrella from a veiled Hutyun.

"Are you not afraid of me and these little ones?" She moved closer to Gu Dai while the maid placed the umbrella on a pole prepared by another Hutyun.

"Why would I, my lady? The truth is, my late mother was also a Chiangda, but she died trying to use her powers to save me from young masters from rich families who attempted to rape me."

"Ah, that's dreadful. I'm sorry for bringing up such a tragic story." Xinyi was sorry with what Gu Dai experienced.

"Never mind, my lady. In fact, I'm thankful to the prime minister for saving me and sending me to you." She ended after the umbrella was in proper place shading Xinyi's body from the sunlight.

"I didn't know that," Xinyi said almost like a whisper because she couldn't believe her father saved a Chiangda's child. Most of these powerful beings' children were sold to brothels or to rich families as a helper. This information about her father's deeds was really something new to her.

"What's your mother's power?"

"She can manipulate plants but she couldn't use it well and the authorities sent an arrow to her heart..." Gu Dai choked saying the last words.

"I'm sorry to hear that." By now, Xinyi began to see bit by bit on how much she had to thank her father for keeping her from people or she might have ended up like Gu Dai's mother.

"Don't be sorry, Lady Lei. Anyway, I'm happy I'm with you. From now on, I will help protect you."

Xinyi suddenly gulped fast the juice she drank and coughed hard after hearing Gu Dai's declaration. Seeing her choking, Gu Dai hastily pounded her back to help her breathe well. "Be careful, my lady."

"Wow, what loyalty but no," Xinyi said with a bit of heaviness in her voice after her breathing normalized. She refused such help knowing the poor maid was helpless on her own. But the latter insisted, so the master had to let Gu Dai keep her oath.