A Pond in Prison

About twenty-four hours and two near-death experiences later, the Doctor and River decided it was time to go. Though neither of them would admit it, they were both glad that their two adventures were not included in the twenty-four hours but were, instead, extra time they got to spend together.

River teased the Doctor, saying that he had deliberately landed them places where there was trouble just so they could spend more time together. He scowled in response and grumbled about how it was the Tardis's fault, kicking at the console to emphasize his point. This earned a chuckle from his wife and he could only grin in response. He knew she was aware of the fact he wasn't really upset.

"You still haven't told me," she said, leaning against a control panel. "Where exactly do they find me?"

"You're still a student at Luna University. That's the first place they'll look and, from what I've heard, that's where they arrest you," the Doctor explained.

"But I killed you in the past. How do they even know to arrest me at all?"

"From what I understand, the Silence tipped them off. If my information is correct, they were expecting to have to search for you, possibly throughout time as well as space. Naturally, they started their search where you lived and were surprised to find you there."

"In that case, we had better get me there."

The Doctor nodded and began flipping switches and pressing buttons, nudging her out of the way as he went past. She just laughed, ignoring the fact that several of the buttons he pressed didn't need pressing at all.

"I'll make the Tardis invisible," he informed her. "So I'll be here the whole time."

"Do you think I'm going to need your help being arrested?" she teased.

"No, I just want to make sure they don't hurt you."

She laughed again. "It's not like you could do anything about it if they did. You're dead, remember? They're arresting me for killing you. If you appear out of nowhere to stop them, I might end up having to actually shoot you to make sure I end up in prison."

"I'm not going to do anything, it's just so I know who to punish later."

River rolled her eyes. "Just take me home. I'm gonna find something to wear." 

Seeing as she didn't know how or when the clothes in her room had gotten there, she figured it was best to just find something from the Tardis's wardrobe. She made her way down to the room and began going through the many clothes that hung from the racks. She finally found a dress that she liked the look of and slipped into it. She was almost surprised that it seemed to fit her perfectly.

The Tardis has clothes for everyone, she thought with a smile. She quickly found a pair of heels that matched and pulled them on. Making her way back to her room, she rummaged around in a drawer until she found what she was looking for. She held the small tube up, running her finger over the "R.S." engraved near the bottom. Pulling the cap off, she held the red lipstick up to her nose to smell it. Her lips curled into a cheeky smirk.

Having tucked the tube of lipstick away, she made her way back to the control room. The Doctor looked up as she climbed the steps.

"I thought you were going to prison, not a party," he laughed.

She flashed him a winning smile. "Is there a difference?"

"River," he sighed, shaking his head in amusement.

There was a violent shake and they both grabbed onto the console for support. The Doctor began flipping switches and pressing buttons. River followed after him, correcting his mistakes. He glared at her and tried to nudge her away but she ignored him as she proceeded to land the Tardis more gently than it had been landed in a long time.