Looking for Home and Finding It

Hi everyone! I hope you like this story!

Enjoy!!!

Ever since Saiko ran away from his home, he have been hiding around the alleys, or the libraries during the day. Scrummaging inside the dumpster next to a restaurant just to find some leftovers. He was afraid that maybe his pursuers are still looking for him.

Saiko have been sleeping on one of the benches in the park when he felt a shadow looming over him. He woke up immediately and saw an old lady smiling at him. He sat up and the lady backed a few steps away from him. He inched away from the stranger, observing every little movements she makes.

Saiko stared at the glowing eyes of the old lady when he suddenly felt himself at peace. His tense shoulders slowly relaxed. The lady slowly approached him, with her hands up to show that she isn't planning anything bad.

"W-what did you do to me?" Saiko asked as he saw her eyes lose their glow.

"I apologize for using my quirk to you. I just needed you to calm down." The lady smiled gently at the hostile child in front of her.

"My name is Narumi Yamasaki. And I have a calming quirk." The old lady, now named Narumi, introduced herself.

"What do you want from me?" Saiko asked. Narrowing his eyes at the person in front of him.

"I'm the matron of one of the orphanage here. Would you like to come with me?" She offered.

"How would I know that's true and you're not tricking me?" Saiko asked, not trusting Narumi.

"I have always noticed you around here with that little backpack of yours. I assumed that you ran away. I don't like seeing kids like you wandering around the streets. I want you to have a home. So, will you come with me?" Narumi offered again, holding out her hand for him to take. Her eyes watering at the sight of Saiko.

He looked up at Narumi with tears at the corners of his eyes as he thought of finally meeting someone who cared enough to take him in. He stood up and hugged the old lady and began to cry. All the events and his hardships for the past few days suddenly flow. The weight on his shoulders began to lighten.

Narumi kneeled down and hugged him back, trying to comfort the crying child. She rubbed circles on his back as she felt some tears form in the corner of her eyes.

After a few minutes, an old lady and a purple haired child can be seen holding hands while walking down the road.

"Saiko Fuzen. That's my name." The child whispered as Narumi let a smile appear on her face.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

The orphanage is snall. But so far, life in the orphanage is not that bad for Saiko. He can finally sleep on a soft mattress instead of the cold hard ground. He can finally eat some decent meal everyday.

Saiko is one of the eldest kids in the orphanage. The younger kids like playing with him and his quirk. He sometimes materialize some object out of thin air or make himself float with purple mist around him. The kids enjoyed watching him. The older kids would take care of the younger kids.

The rooms are divided to two. The girls are separated with the boys, and Saiko appreaciates having someone in a room with him.

Narumi has been kind to everyone. She doesn't favor any of the kids, she treats everyone fairly. She also teaches the younger kids basic education like writing and reading. She also fixed some of his clothes, and sewed the rips in his stuffed toy.

But not everything is perfect. There are some older kids that bullies Saiko for being weird. With his cat-like eyes and petite frame, they would call him a girl. But Narumi is always there to stop the bullying before it gets too far.
.
.
.