Chapter 2

God, I feel so much better.  Sweltering, but better. 

Damn. Everything I ate and drank last night is all over the bed, the floor, and yep, you guessed it, Darcy.  She’s going bizerk so I grab her. Bizerk she gets all the time.  Bizerk I can handle.  Hysteria, which she has a courtroom history of, not even I like to deal with.

I grunt.  

For as long as I exhibit the signs of abdominal agony, I’ll use them to my advantage.   Though it’s my most vulnerable state, I need for her to see me.  I need for her to know that puking on her was an accident, that I didn’t mean to. 

“Ewww, no the fuck”—Intentional pause—“you didn’t,” Darcy reasons in a sort of I’m going to kill your ass kind of way.

“I don’t feel good, baby,” I moan.

“Aggghhh!” Darcy screams before snatching loose and storming out of the room.

As the coldness from the air conditioner circulates, the smell of vomit is hellacious.  In the darkness I lay as still as possible.  The bed’s filled with stomach bile and I’m trying my best not to  touch it.   

Click!

The bathroom light comes on and I can hear Darcy having a conniption.  Her every other word suggesting she’s furious.  “I know that motherfucker… What the fuck kind of shit… Hell fucking no!”

With all the strength I can muster, I maneuver to ease out of bed.  Shit’s about to get crazy and laying here in my own bodily fluids is definitely not a good idea.

 “Fuck!” I exclaim as my hand accidentally comes into contact with throw up.

I am now officially, and equally, as enraged as she.  “Aggghhhhhhhhhh!”

Despite being a judge, Darcy has a proclivity for violence.  She’s often said what she would do if ever she caught me cheating.  Which until this morning…

She never had.