Can I Sit Here?

NOT PROOFREAD!!!

**********

Lessons for today were over and that meant you could finally make your way to the library, situated on campus. Upon entering the building, you were surprised at the number of students. Students at the beginning of a new academic year were just like people at the start of the New Year. They all had resolutions to work hard at the beginning of the year, but by the second month were back to their old, lazy ways. These students were all here now but by October, they'd all be spending the spare time sleeping.

You'd realised this pattern last year, but the vast amounts of people now in comparison to those who at the end of last year was crazy. Rolling your eyes, you took a seat at the smallest desk, in the quietest corner in the whole of the entire building. Now seated you put in your headphones, listening to soft RnB jams as you worked.

"Excuse me."

You took out the left earbud and looked up at the person disturbing your learning. You already weren't able to maximise your time sufficiently due to the lack of seats! What was it now? You looked up straight into the person's eyes. It was the transfer student!

"Oh...hi." You gave the boy a small, awkward smile.

"I'm really sorry, but it's a bit packed in this library and I was wondering if I could sit here at this desk too. Is that okay with you?"

You glanced at the large man and then at your tiny desk. You weren't sure how'd he would make the impossible fit work, and you honestly didn't want someone as close to you as that while working.

Say yes! Say yes!

"Yes."

Your mouth acted without your permission and before you knew it you'd given him access to your precious workspace.

"Thank you so much! I was worried I'd have to sit on the floor" He laughed and you politely giggled as a response. He took a lone chair and placed it at the desk. He'd chosen to sit directly in front of you. When the boy sat his legs brushed against yours. It wasn't just his legs you could feel but also his thighs. Your breathing stopped and your heartbeat quickened. You could feel everything. Your one thigh was smothered between his both.

Simply looking and having a first-hand experience with them was completely different. They felt very firm and radiated a comfortable heat. He had the kind of thighs that you'd find yourself laying your head on, maybe even sat on.

"Oh god, I almost forgot!"

The boy spoke, transporting you out of your thoughts and back into the real world.

"I'm Namjoon."

He gave you another warm smile as he introduced himself to you. Now that he was up close, you could see he had deep dimples on either side of his mouth, indented into his cheeks. At this new discovery, you couldn't help but smile an even warmer smile back.

"I'm Y/N, it's nice to meet you Namjoon."

"You too Y/N"

Hearing him say your name with such a smooth, gentle voice made your insides feel weird and your body hot. You continued to look at each other for a little while longer before continuing with work, in silence. You stayed in the library until 5:30 pm. You packed up all your stuff, storing it all away into your bag. You stood up from the table, walking away until you felt a hand on your shoulder.

"Y/N! Uh, sorry I just wanted to.... say bye...uh bye!"

You raised your eyebrows at him but smiled all the same.

"Bye, Namjoon."

"Wait!"

You turned back around to see him rubbing his arm up and down while shuffling slightly. He was visibly nervous.

"Could I, if it's not to much trouble, maybe...perhaps, get your phone number."

Your face was blank as you tried to fully process Namjoon's request. When it's finally registered, your brain went haywire. A boy, for the first time in your life, had asked for your number. It was a shock, most definitely. Although on the inside you were panicking and feeling many new emotions simultaneously, on the outside you seemed silent and unresponsive.

Taking your expression as no, Namjoon started to get very embarrassed, a light pink dusting his cheeks and ears.

"Sorry, you don't have to if you don't want-"

"No, no no! You can have my number."

That came out a bit desperate.

Namjoon's whole face lit up, his wide smile reached his eyes and his dimples returned. He seemed relieved that he wasn't being turned down. You exchanged phones, typing your numbers into each other's phones.

"Well, I guess I'll maybe see you tomorrow then?" Your hopes were high as you asked that question.

"Definitely! And if I don't see you, I'll just send you a text!" He playfully waved his phone in the air.

**********
While waiting for your bus, you looked at your updated contact list.

CONTACTS
• mama x
•pops x
•School Reception
• Papa Johns: Speed dial
• NAMJOONIE💜

He'd saved himself like that and frankly, you thought it was a kinda cute nickname. All the way home you couldn't stop thinking about the Namjoon, his deep dimples and wide smile, his blushing face and the cute demeanour he had despite being such a broad man.

Apart from learning, you had a second reason to be excited about tomorrow.