Snare 808

Next class, Music Technology.

The maximum number of courses permitted to each student was five. So apart from your four academic subjects, you chose to minor in something new.

When you'd entered university, you decided you wanted to challenge yourself and do something more abstract, maybe like performing arts.

You thought maybe you could take up art but soon realised that you could barely draw stickmen. Then you thought about theatre studies, but you soon came to know that you were a bit of a shitty actress. You couldn't dance and you couldn't sing either. So all that was left was Music Technology.

In a way, it would be kind of easy, right? It was just working with computers and programming them to make certain sounds. It wouldn't be too hard. Before you knew it, you had enrolled and started classes.

"More music technology...." you whimpered to yourself before making your way into the room.

Easy? No, not at all. You had no sense of rhythm and could make up a single, simple beat at the introductory course. Well, you wanted a challenge.

You sat down at one of the desktops. With the few minutes given to you by your teacher to let the class settle in, you logged into your account, pulling up your current assignment onto the screen.

"Alright! Let's get on with the class!" your teachers enthusiasm matched your own. You really wanted to nail this subject. Although it was seemingly impossible, you were just that bit more determined.

"So students, after evaluating the first 2 minutes of your songs so far, I've concluded that a lot of you are at different stages with your work. Therefore I've decided to partner you up in order to bring you all up to speed."

You turned around fully in your chair, now very much interested in what your teacher had to say.

"In a minute, I'll put up your assigned partners on the board. Find your name and whoever's name is beside your own, is your partner. Off you go!"

You scanned the interactive board for your name and when you found it, you saw a name next to it which you weren't familiar with. You looked around the classroom, everyone else now paired up except one person on the opposite end of the room. They seemed unaware of the partnerships as they were busy on their own computer.

Assuming that was your partner, you stood up and walk towards them.

"Hi, I'm Y/N. I'm pretty sure we're partners."

The person carried on typing, too absorbed in their work.

"Um, excuse me!" You tapped on their shoulders and they swivelled around in their seats.

"Hi, I think we're...."

You studied the man's features. He had brown eyes and slightly pouted lips, as well as a defined facial structure and features. He had one small hoop earring in his left ear and wore a white t-shirt with black, ripped jeans. And, to top it all off,  his hair was a bright -

Blonde.

"Hey! I saw you in that restaurant earlier today." He gave you a big smile as your face registered in his head.

"Oh my God, yeah that was you! Um, wow, hey. I'm Y/N."

"Yoongi, nice to meet you."

His voice was sombre and deep, as well as gravelly and rough. He spoke with a low tone. It's actually quite nice.

"Well, Yoongi, I'm pretty sure we're partners, so let's get this show on the road!"

Ew. Why did I say that?

***

"You're song is basically complete, Y/N."

You and Yoongi had spent the last 45 minutes together working on your tracks and in that time you had gotten to know just how amazing he was. 

Not only was he technically skilled but, he was wise and well spoken and had a good sense of humour as well as being a considerate and kind man.

"I would just add more bass, perhaps Snare 808. It would give a nice overall tone."

You nodded in understanding and smiled in gratitude.

"Thanks, by the way, for all of your help. I wouldn't of completed without you."

You laughed and he did too. When the giggles subsided, you looked at each other, resting in a comfortable silence.

Yoongi's now in the picture 😗
Another short one, but they're required to move the story along! Sorrryyy 😘!