001 | the boy with one shoe

phoebe jumped off of the chariot before it was even fully landed, jogging over to the three demigods standing on the skywalk, annabeth close behind her

phoebe jumped off of the chariot before it was even fully landed, jogging over to the three demigods standing on the skywalk, annabeth close behind her. she pulled out her ballpoint pen and uncapped it as it turned into whirlpool; it was like her twin brothers sword, riptide. her half brother tyson had made it for her; a twin sword for a twin sister, he had said.

"where is he?" annabeth demanded. jason was already a little intimidated by her; her grey eyes were stormy, and she looked like she wanted to punch him in the face.

"where's who?" he asked. the girls shared a look like his answer was unacceptable. the blue eyed one turned towards piper and leo. "what about gleeson? where's your protector, gleason hedge?"

leo cleared his throat. "he got taken by some... tornado things."

"venti," jason added. "storm spirits." the black haired girl looked at jason like she just realized he was there. jason definitely thought she was pretty; one of the prettiest girls he'd ever seen. she was also the most terrifying girl he had ever seen.

phoebe couldn't deny that the blonde boy was handsome; he just was. she still didn't like him, though. he didn't seem to know where her brother was, and therefore he was useless to her.

the blonde girl arched an eyebrow. "you mean anemoi thuellai? that's the greek term."
the darker haired girl cut in. "who are you, and what happened here?"

jason tried his best to explain the story without feeling intimidated by the blonde or nervous around the blue eyed girl. about halfway through his story, the other guy from the chariot came over. he had a tattoo of a rainbow on his shoulder, which was a bit unusual, and very amusing to leo.

when jason had finished the story, the girls didn't look satisfied. "no, no, no! she told us he would be here!" the blonde exclaimed.

"annabeth, phoebe," the bald guy grunted. "check it out. the guy with one shoe, he's the answer." he said, pointing to jason's feet.

jason hadn't even realized it, but he was missing his left shoe, which had been blown off when he was struck by lightning. "no butch, he can't be. i was tricked." the blonde, annabeth, insisted. "what do you want from me?" she screamed at the sky. "what have you done with him?" the black haired girl wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

the skywalk shuddered and the horses whined. hey, water lady, could we get out of here? phoebe heard in her head, as she shot a glare to the horses.

"annabeth, phoebe, we gotta go." butch exclaimed. "let's get these three to camp, and figure it out there."

"fine." annabeth said, her and phoebe turning and marching towards the chariot.

piper shook her head. "what's their problem?"

"seriously," leo agreed.

"we have to get you out of here," butch said. "i'll explain on the way."