018 | unneccesary makeover

phoebe held back her tears as she took the bracelet into her hands. jason went to wrap an arm around her, but phoebe jerked away.

aeolus smiled at jason like he was issuing a challenge. behind him, mellie shook her head in warning.

"we need to find the lair of enceladus." jason said.

aeolus's smile melted. "the giant? why would you want to go there? he's horrible! he doesn't even watch my program!"

piper held up the photo. "aeolus, he's got my father. we need to rescue him and find out where hera is being held captive."

"now, that's impossible," aeolus said. "even i can't see that, and believe me, i've tried. there's a veil of magic over hera's location—very strong, impossible to locate."

phoebe stepped closer to aeolus. "listen here, freak. that- that thing has my brother, and if you think for one second i wouldn't sacrifice my life to find him, then you're in for a big surprise."

"aeolus, she's at a place called the wolf house," jason said.

"hold on!" aelous put a hand to his forehead and closed his eyes. "i'm getting something! yes, she's at a place called the wolf house! sadly, i don't know where that is."

"enceladus does," piper persisted. "if you help us find him, we could get the location of the goddess—"

"yeah," leo said, catching on. "and if we save her, she'd be really grateful to you—"

"and zeus might promote you," jason finished.

aeolus's eyebrows crept up. "a promotion—and all you want from me is the giant's location?"

"holy hera." phoebe muttered under her breath. "yes, and a way to get there."

mellie clapped her hands in excitement. "oh, he could do that! he often sends helpful winds—"

"mellie, quiet!" aeolus snapped. "i have half a mind to fire you for letting these people in under false pretenses."

her face paled. "yes, sir. sorry, sir."

"it wasn't her fault," jason said. "but about that help ..."

aelous tilted his head as if thinking. then jason realized the wind lord was listening to voices in his earpiece.

"well ... zeus approves," aeolus muttered. "he says ... he says it would be better if you could avoid saving her until after the weekend, because he has a big party planned—ow! that's aphrodite yelling at him, reminding him that the solstice starts at dawn. she says i should help you. poseidon agrees, too. something about being sorry? and hephaestus... yes. hmm. very rare they agree on anything. hold on ..."

jason smiled at his friends. finally, they were having some good luck. their godly parents were standing up for them.

back toward the entrance, jason heard a loud belch. coach hedge waddled in from the lobby, grass all over his face. mellie saw him coming across the makeshift floor and caught her breath. "who is that?"

jason stifled a cough. "that? that's just..."

phoebe grinned and butted in. "that is gleason hedge. our saytr guide. he's single, mellie."