Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Thirty-Seven often thought about the lack of life around himself. There had to be more than blandness. Thirty-Seven didn't know a lot about the nature of things, but he was smart. Smarter than the scientists gave him credit for. He knew that it would take more people than the twelve different white-coats that he's seen. It took more than twelve people to sustain a species. There had to be more than his cell and what was within sight.

So when Thirty-Seven saw the new person, he was filled with curiosity. A change, something different from the almost routine like the life he had been living.

The most significant change in Thirty-Seven's life.

Like a caged animal, Thirty-Seven was hesitant and scared. After being lifted out of the only place that he's ever known, everything was suddenly hitting him. Would that be the last time he ever saw the space he could call his home? What if the more isn't a good place? These fears began to fill Thirty-Seven's head.

It only got worse when a bright flashing light went off overhead, a tumultuous noise going off in sync with the light. It wasn't only Thirty-Seven that was being affected by the sound and lights. The person who had snatched him was making a noise of discomfort that was only barely heard over the sound of the alarm. Shortly after the alarm started, a set of see-through doors opened and men that Thirty-Seven had never seen before entered. The men were holding a thing in their hands, pointing it in the direction that Thirty-Seven and the person were in. Even while being over the person's shoulder, Thirty-Seven could tell that the item the big men in white were holding wasn't a good thing.

Dangerous, the thing is dangerous.

That was only confirmed by Thirty-Seven when the thing made a loud band noise as a small piece of metal began to fly towards them. Thirty-Seven's eyes locked onto the piece of metal as it got closer and closer, lead. Before the bullet could get any closer to the two, Thirty-Seven subconscious tapped into a part of himself that came from the non-human part of him.

Where the bullet was about to be, a small flare of color appeared, and the bullet went into the flare where it disappeared. A portal away.

It amazed Thirty-Seven, the colors being colors he's never seen before, it was beautiful. It drew in Thirty-Seven's attention, so it was disappointing when the beautiful colors disappeared. Would he ever see them again? Thirty-Seven didn't know, but he wanted to. He hoped that the colors were all over the place in the unknown, beyond the cells he's lived his entire life.

The person ran faster and faster, and the men behind them began to run too, one of them speaking fastly into a small handheld device. Thirty-Seven didn't understand all of the words, as this was the first time that he heard those words before, and at that speed? He had no chance of interpreting the meanings of each word spoke. More and more bullets were fired, all halted by the pretty flares.

The person continued to run, not noticing all the pretty flares going on behind us, nor knowing that they were being shot at. Vses couldn't hear anything but the sound of the alarms blaring loudly overhead, the noise being hit harder than it did to a human. Stupid sensitive ears.

Vses continued to run, holding the boy over his shoulders, not feeling the weight of the boy. He was light. It was concerning to Vses. Not only did the boy have hints of alien tinted skin, but he was also pale. The lack of starlight was showing drastically. His skin was tinted blue, like many people from Vses's planet. The colors were typically red or purple, but blue wasn't uncommon. His brother had been blue in color.

The boy didn't have the color spread all over his being. Instead, it was around his eyes, on his cheekbones, and faintly covered a portion of his forehead. The faint blues made his pale skin stand out even more. Typically with Vses species, you were completely one color, and it was seen if you looked hard enough, for the boy's case, the human in him was showing. Vses was lucky. His colorization was more on the albino side of things, his color being more pinkish than red, but he still stood out among the humans. He would stand out even more if he were without the rags that humans demanded must be worn.

Vses's entire back had glowing lines and patterns that only his ancestors could have interpreted. They glow underneath the light of the stars. Vses began to wonder if the boy had any similar marks.

Vses continued to run faster and faster as Thirty-Seven continued to accidentally prevent every bullet from hitting it's intended target, them.

When Vses came back to the hallway he intentionally escaped from, he ran towards the exit, hoping it would work and allow him and the boy to escape from this torture chamber. Upon finding the elevator, Vses slammed the buttons to return to the original entrance, and thankfully, luck seemed to be on his side. The elevator doors opened and closed, the sound of bullets hitting the metal door could be heard, but the bullets didn't make it through the door, protecting them from the weapons that humans thought would be able to stop them.

Vses let out a steady sigh of relief when the elevator began to move upwards, getting further and further away from the chaos that was beginning to take place below them. The scientists and guards were yelling at each other while a few of the guards attempted to shut the elevator down, with little to no success. When the elevator opened in the small area where Vses entered moments earlier, he darted out, knowing that it would only be a matter of time before guards and security flocked to the elevator in attempts of catching them before they got away.

Vses refuses to allow the boy to become like the person he found earlier. An experiment made only to be thrown away.

Thirty-Seven couldn't lie and say he wasn't slightly overwhelmed with it all. Everything was new and moving so fast that Thirty-Seven's eyes were blurring. He wasn't in any way used to any of this, and it was starting to affect his senses. Thirty-Seven was still excited to see the new parts of the world.

Vses rushed out of the 'medical building' with a quickness in his pace, wanting to get away from the cameras that would attempt to follow them until they couldn't anymore.

Thirty-Seven was suddenly hit with lights from the buildings surrounding them. The smells of the everyday world hit his nose, a sensitive thing that has never smelt the ungodly odors that were created by people and their life styles. He heard new noises, too, not just the kicking on of a vent system. Thirty-Seven could hear the noise of things passing by at incredible speeds, the sound of talking.

Everything new overwhelmed him, and he went limp over Vses shoulders, fainting.

Vses panicked when the boy went limp, but still feeling his heartbeat and not sensing anything dramatically changing in the rhythm, Vses was certain that the human world just shocked him. Vses began to look around in a panic. He needed to find a place that they could stay until the boy was able to move on his own. It was night, so not a lot of humans were about, but based on Vses observations, they would get too many weird looks if he was forced to continue to carry the boy.

A person began to walk towards them, small white buds of noise in his ears, his eyes locked on a glowing device, mobile phone. Vses eyed the male. Brown hair, average height. Perfect target.

Vses rushed up to the boy, scaring the life out of him.

"Help," Vses said, gently touching the stranger's arm. The guy attempted to yank his arm away. Vses didn't let him. His eyes began to glow a light orange as he stared into the boy's eyes, not using any powers of his, only using the eyes to scare the boy into assisting them. "You will help us," The guy was shaking at this point and only looked away to look at Thirty-Seven, who had made a small groan of discomfort, it was chilly for the night hours, and the boy was used to a constant temperature.

The guy, Danny, nodded, agreeing upon seeing the boy. He was scared, who wouldn't be, a stranger holding another guy over his shoulder comes up to you and demands you help him?! Not to mention, his eyes began to glow!! That wasn't normal, but the moment Danny nodded, Vses shoulders relaxed.

"Home, take us to your home,"