Chapter 3: Through The Mask

Sal followed me to the elevator, carefully watching as I grabbed for my wallet through my pockets. Front, then back... Nothing, all that came up were my keys, did I even grab my wallet? I guess not. I grunted in frustration before pinching the bridge of my nose, damnit I probably look so dumb right now, I need my wallet so I have my keycard.

"Sorry, I'm so unorganized today.. Just let me run back to my room. I really need to grab my wallet." He nodded, seemingly understanding about the currently situation. "Do you want to come with?" I looked to his face as if I'd see some sort of different emotion pop up onto the mask, instead his blue eyes met mine and he cleared his throat.

"Nah, it's fine," He turned to the side and looked around for a moment as if thinking about his decision, "I'll just be okay here." I dipped my head as if to say 'cool' and smiled before turning on my heel. I could feel the boy watching me as I moved away from him but I took it as curiosity.

"Alright, give me a moment." I unlocked my apartment, turned the nob as fast as I could and stepped inside.

Time to find my wallet. Quickly I turned to the table that sat next to the door, It had our key-bowl on it and a simplistic lamp but that's about it, my wallet wasn't on there. Huh, typically I set it on there after I get home? I grunted and turned around wand quickly ran to my room. Okay what to check in here.. Pockets, dresser.. I grabbed my jeans and hoodies and began shuffling through the holes eventually feeling the leathery boxy clip.

"Ah-ha! Gotcha!" I picked it up and stuffed it into one of my pockets then ran back out the door to see Sal pestering the officer. The man talking to the blue-haired boy seemed disgruntled and irritated, so I piped up not wanting the man towering over to get angry with Sal's pestering.

"Sal?.." He turned to face me and then made his way back to the elevator. I grinned at him and pushed the elevator button before taking out my keycard.

"Okay tell me what we're doing again?" His body language sent questionable daggers at me once I pressed the elevator's 'attention' button.

"Oh i'm taking you to meet someone." He nodded and seemed to relax a little, not by much though. He shifted his weight then seemed to be intrigued but also nervous about the situation. As we waited for the elevator Sally began to scratch the crook of his neck.

"S-So.. Who am I mee-" Suddenly he was cut off by the elevators cords letting out a small screech before it dinged and the doors opened up. Grinned as we both stepped in, first me then Sal. Then finally he was able to finish his sentence.

"Who are you introducing me to exactly?"

"Larry." I managed to answer his question once we were situated in the box. "He's pretty nice. Me and him don't have that much in common but we both like to paint, and we like all sorts of music." His mask seemed to raise after the mention of music.

"Well alright." I leaned against the wall and turned my keycard around before jamming it into the slot that read 'B'. The elevator doors began to slowly close. Sals eyes tore into me, it felt like he was nervous again.

"What's B?" He looked at me after I pressed the button, causing it to turn red.

"Basement." He nodded and scratched his neck once more. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"What? Do you think i'm going to take you into the basement and like sacrifice you or something?" He shook his head no.

"No it's just my dad told me that the laundry room is in the basement?" He quizzically stated. I laughed.