Chapter Seven

Chapter seven

You stood stunned on the balcony. Your adoptive father and Zero were here. You looked over at Aidou as he smiled over at you. Did he arrange this meeting?

You walked over to Kaien and hugged him and Zero, after you had your hugs you looked up to them both and asked, "What are you doing here? Father you are at a vampire ball and you're a human. This isn't going to go down well, and Zero too! He hates vampires, why did you both come here?" You asked and then they both smiled a little.

Kaien raised his hand which was holding a brown envelope, he then revealed there was two of them. He then answered, "We're carrying out a duty as Vampire Hunters. We aren't allowed to ignore these orders." He said and you nodded.

"Besides, you told me you'd see me soon." Zero punched the side of your shoulder lightly. You chuckled and smiled at it. This is how he used to act with you, it made you glad he still did.

"I'm glad you're both here anyway. My nerves have been going crazy. I keep thinking what if there is someone here that wants to kil-" You got cut off but your father's hand covering your mouth. He obviously didn't want to hear anymore of that.

"Elissa, you cannot talk like that here. The walls have ears, everyone listens. Should you be saying things like that you should be whispering very very quietly." He told you and you nodded slowly. You looked over to Aidou and he nodded in agreement.

"Does Kaname know you're both here?" You asked and Kaien nodded, you sighed. "How come he didn't tell me?"

"He didn't know himself until you were dancing with Aidou. We had found him and was talking with him, though he was more focused on you." Kaien explained and you nodded. That made sense, Kaname would have told you if he had known before surely.

"I think I should be getting back to the party now. Do your best, father. Zero you too, and I'll do my best." You smiled, Zero smiled warmly at you.

"I'm proud of you Elissa." Your father told you and you smiled wiping a tear from your eye.

"Thank you, father. I'm proud of you two too." You told him and he smiled back at you. With that, you exited the balcony and Aidou guided you to Kaname, on the way you heard people talking about how "yummy" a girl looked. You stopped in your tracks and walked towards the murmurs. The crowd seperated itself for you to get through, Aidou had tried to get in behind you but they had cut him off.

You walked into the centre of the crowd to find Yuuki's best friend, Yori. You looked towards her concerned.

"Yori? What are you doing here?" You asked her and she stopped and looked back at you.

"Elissa... I came to see Yuuki." She told you and you looked at her gobsmacked.

"You can't be wondering around here without a guard, you could have got hurt. Come with me, I'll take you to her." You told her extending your hand for her and she took it, her eyes already thanking you so you smiled.

You turned around to walk back to Aidou and they seperated once again for you to walk past. Before you got clear you felt someone's hand on your shoulder. You looked to the left to see a lady with very long wavy hair. She smiled at you, and you could tell she was a pureblood too.

"That girl, she looks so delicious don't you think?" She asked you and you narrowed your eyes at her.

"Please stop, she's a friend and she's under my protection." You tell her and she nodded. You walked past her and saw Aidou, as he saw you he looked relieved. You smiled at him and he smiled back and then saw Yori and his smile faded. He looked concerned. You finally reached him again and you all take off towards Kaname. Reaching Kaname you saw Yuuki wasn't with him. You looked around trying to spot your younger sister.