Chapter 15: One last time

Elijah's P.O.V

She's fast asleep. I have my arm stretched out over her, I'm awake and looking at her with happiness. She trusts me, she no longer has to feel the torment of my fear that if harm her: I never hurt her like I promised, even with her not wearing the necklace, I don't have words to describe how I feel.

I kiss the back of her head, I have to go and find my siblings and her friends. I get up and get dressed back into my shirt and I put my blazer on again. Leaving her scares me but I don't have much choice, I leave a note on the table next to her bed, I stroke the side of her cheek gently and brush the side of her hair away:

"I won't be gone long, look after the baby and stay safe. I'll be back soon."

When I reach the front door Bonnie, Jeremy and Matt are waiting in the living room, Jeremy holds the pregnancy-test up for me see:

"She's pregnant?" he asks.

I close my eyes, there was no hiding this forever, they have the right to know.

"Elena's carrying our child. She's in bed asleep, I have to go out and find my siblings and your friends. So take care of her for me please, make sure that the baby stays unharmed."

Matt steps forward and pats me in the shoulder, Bonnie nods her head in firm agreement and Jeremy looks at me for a moment, until he eventually comes forward to hug me close to him.

"Congratulations. Please help make her happy again." He says.

"We'll look after her." Matt says.

"I won't let anything happen to the baby, she's my best friend, I'll do everything I can." Bonnie says motivated completely.

"Thank you." I reply before I step outside.

Before I get into the car and leave I look back at the house, how will Elena react when she wakes up? and how will she respond to what I have to ask her when the time is right?

*****

Cassia's P.O.V

The spell is completed, I have at least succeeded in bringing back one.

"It's done."

Katherine Pierce stands: tall, visible and alive once again. Esther and Finn look amazed at me for the inconceivable spell that I just performed.

"So now we just need the other two don't we?" Finn asks.

"The necklace first, then we grab the girl at the same time and my plan begins."

Esther looks puzzled:

"Why bring her back first?"

I look at Esther after she has questioned me, I then tell her:

"When I had my consciousness locked away for a while I watched over the doppelgängers that nature created for my sister. Katerina Petrova impersonated little helpless Elena Gilbert countless times. Finn, you and her will go to the Salvatore Boarding house and grab the necklace, bring me the girl and Katerina will stay back and trick the rest of her friends into coming here."

Finn and Esther look at Katherine and then back towards me, they nod in agreement to my plan.

"We'll do it." Esther says.

I smile gratefully, this is it I can finally put an end to the curse that I cast upon this world, I can hardly wait.

"Everything's going perfectly."

*****

Bonnie's P.O.V

Everything is quiet, my eyes are closed and I'm chanting a spell; not one of my own, one that witch spirits are whispering to me.