Chapter 6: The Menace

Scene 1

Time: 10:03 AM

Location: Scout Hall

"I can't believe he'd do something like that! He lied to my face!" Raven Leader cried after Johanna showed her the footage.

"Hilda's going to jail?" David cried.

"We don't even know why. He just kidnapped her when we were the most vulnerable." Frida commented.

"How are we gonna find her?" Reverse Trevor asked.

"We need to guess the route that they took by a map." Frida began before pulling out her map.

"Sparrow Scouts, today's objective has been changed. Today is a rescue mission. We must find Hilda." Raven Leader announced.

Chris Solei came to examine the map. "So, Hilda was kidnapped here, and the cars went this way?" He pointed. "The only route they could take to get to the Trolberg Correctional Facility is here."

"But how will we get in without being seen?" Hilbert asked.

"Hmm... let me think..." Johanna pondered while locking her eyes on Hilbert, grinning.

"Ooohhh." Hilbert realized.

Time: 10:15 AM

Location: Hilda's House

"You're telling me I'm about to break Hilda out of a prison?" The Nisse, Tontu exclaimed.

"Yep." Hilbert said.

"I-I-I don't know about this." Tontu stammered. "I've never done this before."

"Well, you're the only one who can." Johanna encouraged. "Besides, so long as you're in the nowhere space, you can't be seen."

Tontu was still nervous, but he eventually agreed to help.

"Let's go. I'm not gonna lose my daughter this time." Johanna stated as the gang left the building as the rain started to intensify.

Time: 10:40 AM

Location: Hilda's Holding Cell

Hilda woke up, looking sheepish. Then she realized that she was trapped in arm bindings that suspended her on her tip toes. She gasped in terror and began struggling to get free, but she didn't have the strength to get free.

"You're not getting out of those bindings, you know."

"Please, Mr. Baldwin. Let me explain." Hilda begged. "The trolls that attacked us. They aren't like the others."

"ALL Trolls are the same, Hilda. No matter how different they look, they're all just manhungry backstabbing monsters that resort to feigning innocence if it helps them get the jump on us." Vermont yelled. "I will not let them use you."

"They're not using me! They let me go." Hilda begged.

"That's what they want us to think."

"But it isn't true. Look just let me go."

"I already told you. We can't afford to take that chance." Vermont insisted. "Or are you willing to die for them?"

Hilda was shocked that he'd make an assertion like that. She stayed silent.

"It doesn't really matter. You're still just a kid." Vermont calmed down. "You have much to learn. One thing of which is that Trolls are not friends." He walked out of the room. Now Hilda was all alone.

Scene 2

Time: 10:43 AM

Location: Trolberg Center - Near the Trolberg Correctional Facility