Chapter Twenty-Five: Hanbin

Lisa's Pov

I rang the doorbell of Kim's house. I glanced at my wristwatch. I'm five minutes early.

Hanbin looked at me from head to toe "What are you doing here?"

"I'm fetching my mom. We are having a family dinner." I smirked "Manoban Family only."

"Why? I mean... I thought you hate her?"

Mom appeared behind Hanbin "Lisa, come inside. I'll just get my purse."

"I'm good here. I'll just wait for you in my car. Jennie is waiting for us there." I smiled

Mom held Hanbin's forearm "We are good now, Hanbin. I'm hoping that you'll be okay with her also."

Hanbin shook his head "That won't happen. She humiliated me in school, she has the girl I like and now she's taking you away from us."

Before mom can answer him, I left them and went inside my car.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I think mom will have a hard time convincing Hanbin to this new situation."

Jennie reached for my hand "Your mom can handle him. Don't worry about it."

We are alarmed when we heard shouting then followed by something being shattered. What the hell is happening?

Jennie and I hurriedly went out of the car and rushed inside Kim's house.

There we saw Hanbin looking at my mom in horror. Mom's body is laying on the floor unconscious near her body is a broken flower vase.

"No! You fucking bustard! What did you fucking do with my mom!" I rushed to him "I will kill you, fucking bastard!"

I punched him on his right cheek. He stumbled but didn't react to my punch. He's still looking at my mom like he already lost himself.

I straddled him and gripped him on his collar "Look at me!" I shouted but he didn't. I threw another punch "Look at me!"

A drop of blood dripped from his lips. He finally looked at me and said "If we can't have her, no one should have her."

"Fuck you!" I punched him again "My mom is not a fucking thing!"

My sight became blank, I didn't stop throwing punches at his face until my knuckles became numb.

"Lisa! Mom's head is bleeding." Jennie cried

I blinked rapidly. Hanbin is unconscious under me. Served you right.

I got off from him and rushed to my mother.

I ripped a piece of cloth from my dress and wrapped it around my mom's head.

"Go to the car, Jen. I'll carry mom. You'll drive."

Jennie nodded obliged. Carefully, I carried mom bridal style. Jennie opened the backseat door for us.

"She'll be okay, Lisa. Stop crying. Mom will hate it to see you crying."

Am I crying?

Yes. I just then realized that I am crying all this time.
I glanced at mom, her head on my lap, her eyes that resembled mine are still close.

You can't leave me, mom. You promised me that.

~~

Jennie's POV

After the nurses took Adeline to the operating room, Lisa and I sat in the waiting area.

"Lisa, Marco is on his way here."

Lisa gave me a tight smile "Thank you, Jen. I don't know what to do without you."

I fetched my handkerchief from my purse. I reached Lisa's hands and carefully clean her hands that are stained with Adeline's blood.

A drop of tear landed on our hands.

"Why are you crying, Jen?"

"I'm sorry if you need to go through all these shits, Lisa. Every night, I kept on asking myself, what did Lisa do to deserve all of these? You are the kindest person I know." I sobbed "You don't deserve these." My tears continued to drop, drenching our hands

"That's why I am so thankful to have you, Jen." She removed her hands from my grip and guided my chin up using her index finger "Because, despite all the problems that came to me, to us, you never left. Those problems tested us, they tested our love for each other. We proved to them that no matter how big or small the problem, we'll get through it. We are in this stage where I can finally say that we are ready to face bigger problems. You proved your unconditional love for me. I fell so many times but you were there to pick me up and support me throughout. You don't have to be sorry for what all happened because we learned from them and we became stronger." Her shaky hands cupped my face "Thank you again, Jen."

I bite my lower lip to suppress my sob. I nodded and threw myself to her. I buried my face against the crook of her neck and there, I cried more. Not because of pain but because I know that the Lisa I loved before became matured and stronger that makes me fall for her even more.

~~

"She experienced a minor head injury. I asked Ms. Manoban what kind of flooring that Mrs. Manoban fell into, thankfully it's a wooden floor, be thankful that she only got a minor injury because what happened can lead to death. We also removed all the debris from her wound." The doctor explained to us

They delivered Adeline to her private room minutes ago. Lisa, Marco, and I listened to the doctor's statement while sitting on the sofa.

"Are you sure that she's okay now, doctor? How sure you are that mom didn't get a brain injury? Or damage?"

"Based on her wound, the injury was not that severe. If you really want to make sure, you can request for a CT scan."

Lisa sighed and didn't speak after.

"When will she wake up?" Marco asked

"She'll wake up anytime soon. Can someone go with me for more important matters?"

"I'll go with you, doc." Lisa said, she was about to stand but Marco stopped her

"Stay here, mija. Your mom will surely look for you. Wait for her to wake up." Marco patted my head "Don't leave our baby Lisa, okay?"

I smiled at him and nodded "Won't leave her."

Marco and the doctor exited the room.

"You okay, Jen? Dad brought us clothes, maybe it's better if you change our clothes." Lisa suggested

After changing to more comfortable clothes. Lisa ordered us something to eat.

"Who are you?"

~~

-Justine 🖤