As spring blossoms {Chapter 1}

It was spring, flowers and trees alike were blooming whilst I walk my usual pathway on my way to school. It was just like any other day, the day has not even started yet and I already miss my the love of my life, which is my computer and my bedroom. I just want to go home and sleep. 

I am Y/N, and I'm a hardcore pvp gamer. I like to play Battle Royal games and Overwatch but MMORPG games such as League of Legends is where most of my hours are clocked in. My love life is just as any average teenager. None. Studies? Not to brag but one of the top students in my school. How the hell do I manage to be a hardcore gamer and be good at studies? Well that's a trade secret ! Social life? Well shit there's only so much you can fit in a pie.

As I walk near the school gate I was greeted with a shoulder hug on the side. It was my childhood friend Felix. We're total opposites, he's good-looking, great social life, sporty, tall and popular in school but he has a secret that I only know, he's a KPOP fanatic. He skips class just to see his favourite idols and spends most of his money on their merch. I don't get it but it's probably the same way of me spending real life money for virtual money online. People doesn't want to find out his hobby, he's afraid that will ruin his image.

"Y/N ! Wassup my shorty friend. What have you been up to during your holidays? Lemme guess you've been grinding League of Legends this entire time?" Felix asked.

Well my holidays were plain and simple. I just want to achieve my goal of getting the Master Rank. I'm currently in Diamond, one day I want to be just like Faker, competing in major events. But that's just a dream.

"Well it was just a usual Y/N holiday." I replied. My routines were simple: Wake up, eat, work, eat, play games, sleep and repeat.

"How about you felix? Where have you been spending your money this time?" I asked.

"Hey man not so loud ! With if someone hears. Anyways I attended TWICE's recent world tour concert in Seoul and man they were ethereal. SM has been sucking my money for this past few weeks with the recent Red Velvet comebacks and especially when JYP just debuted a new girl group! I think it's called ITZY? God there's to many groups too stan Y/N!" Felix explained.

" Itchy ? And why can't you just stan one group?" I replied.

"NO it's pronounced IT-JI! AND they're all so lovely and talented I can't help stanning all of them!" Felix retorted.

I'm not really into KPOP but they were trending on naver last night. Guess they're also that popular. Apparently they're also the same age as us, the youngest being 15. They're living the dream at their age and is already famous. Just thinking what could be my life now if I was also like them, being on stage playing for SKT T1. 

As it was our first day of school, me and Felix headed to the main hall where there were noticeboards that tells us which class we belonged to. 

"Y/N ! Looks like we're in the same class as well. Looking forward of spending my 2nd year with you!"Felix was happy , I was also kind of relief we ended up in the same class. I mean he was my only friend that I have in this school. I talk to my classmates but that only happens when I need to. But something was weird. As I scanned the 2nd year classes noticeboards other classes had 18 students in them, indicating they had a full class whilst me and Felix's only had 13. We had 5 slots. I guess they're taking in new students as the term goes by. 

--- 

The bell rang and it was about time to get to our new classrooms and meet our new classmates, Felix and I were the first to arrive so we get to choose great seats. At the corned end of the classroom by the window, typical of a protagonist to have this seat in every storyline. People then started to arrive and chose their seats, Felix, being a popular person knew many people in the classroom and greeted them all. There's so much people to remember, I can't even remember my relatives birthday. Although they don't recognise me, I recognise some of my classmates from last year and greeted some of them. 

When we settle down, our homeroom teacher finally came in, it was Mr.Kim. I guess the old bag has not retired yet huh. Last year was a horrible for him, I had the habit of skipping classes and hang out on the roof to play some games as the lessons bore me. The topics they were teaching, I was able to study them at home. Their teaching methods ain't just for me. Not bragging but it is what is. 

Mr.Kim slammed his favourite wand on the podium and demanded that we were to be separated with our friends and seat with people he chooses. We all moaned and became restless because of his decision, this meant me and Felix not being table mates this year. We all stood up and left the classroom, Mr. Kim used a ballot and called out our names and placed us on where we're supposed to sit. Well, I don't believe in destiny but I was back in the corner of the classroom but this time no one was sitting beside me. The empty seats were noticeable and this made Felix asked Mr. Kim. 

"Teach ! Why are there so many empty seats? Are there new students coming to our class?". Felix asked which made the class which made the class whisper around.

Mr. Kim calmed the class by smacking the whiteboard and replied, "You're right there will new students coming in to this class soon, I have no idea who are they and the principal have not told me anything yet. Anyways, I think there's not a need for orientation for you guys, let us begin lecture." The class again, was unsatisfied with the answer. Lectures on the first day of school especially on a Monday ? That's just killing us. 

Half-way through the lecture, Mr.Kim's lesson was making me bored. I looked over Felix to and see him covering his desk with a book and dozing off. Alas, I wanted to asked him to skip this class. I was going to die, I needed fresh air. As Mr.Kim was writing on the board, I took this opportunity and sneaked my way out of the classroom and headed to the rooftop to relieve some stress. People in my class last year used to think that I was a delinquent who skip classes during lecture to take a smoke break, they didn't know that I was on the rooftop playing my games away. I found my usual spot on the rooftop and took out my Nintendo Switch.

 I continued my game adventure when suddenly the rooftop door opened. It was weird, in the past year nobody has ever come up here except for me. 5 girls entered the rooftop giggling away. They probably are skipping classes as well, but I have never seen them before in this school, their hairs were exotic and their faces weren't your average high school girls. They sat down opposite of me and took out one of their mobile phones. They were what looked like recording themselves, they were talking to the phone as well. I guess you could say that they were live-streaming. Weird seeing behind the scenes. As time past, one of them screamed. The pink hair girl said her phone ran out of battery. When suddenly they looked at me, they just had realised my existence on this very rooftop. They looked like they were talking about me as their eyes were on me while they were gossiping. One of them stood up and made her way to me. I pretended I didn't notice her but she was coming to me otherwise. It was a girl with cute pony tails and her eyes, they were sleek and captivating. I couldn't stop looking at it. 

"Hey there! Just wanted to ask if you happen to have a portable charger?  Our phone ran out of battery as we were talking to our fans. We were live streaming and ended sooner than expected! Could we borrow it? We will owe you a huge favour! Please ?!" She asked in an aegyo way.

My switch made a beeping sound, it indicated that it was running out of battery, but in the game the save game location that is  similar to the bonfire was far away.  I need to get there to be able to save the game. 

I kindly refused her and told her that I needed to charge my switch. " Oh I see, I'm sorry that I've bothered you." She pouted and bowed down walking away, that made me feel bad. I don't know what to react or do. Like I said, I rarely get any social interactions let alone with girls. 

Argh, I mean the recent save was kind of nearby I guess I could always progress later. Talking to their 'fans' was probably more important to what I was doing. I stood up and called her out 

"Hey ! I guess I could lend you my charger." I told her.

"I thought you were gonna use it?" She replied.

"It's alright, you probably need it more than me." I told her. 

"Kamsahamnida!" she bowed down and thank me, and the other 4 girls followed he and thanked me as well. 

The bell rang and I've overstayed in the rooftop. 

" My name is Y/N ! I'm from class 2A , please to return to me once you're done with it! I have to go now thanks!". 

I made my down to my class and went through the backdoor and went back to my desk as if I was there this entire time.  *Phew Im safe from Mr.Kim's nagging.