Shifts

Betty
Veronica flopped on the arm chair and wriggled further away from Betty on the bed. "V you don't have to babysit me." Betty coughed. "My pleasure." Veronica mumbled but she pulled a face. The two girls laughed. "So anything new." Veronica asked looking around my room. "Not really." Betty said with her face stuffed in her soft pink pillow. "Your room is very girly." Veronica said smiling with amusement. "Too girly if you ask me." Betty replied. "What does Archie think of it?" Veronica asked. "Um I don't know he doesn't come here as much as he used to." Betty replied uncomfortably. "What about Jughead?" Veronica added quickly. "He likes it." Betty said. Although they were friends it was kinda awkward. Veronica looked at her nightstand and there was a photograph of her and Archie lying on her bed looking at each other and smiling. "Wow you two were close." Veronica said. "V if you're worried me and Archie will catch feelings for each other during his night shift don't worry that ship crashed and burned." Betty said knowing what she was getting at. "Really?" Veronica asked her eyes widening. "Really." Betty said smiling. Veronica clutched her hand. "You're very warm." Veronica stayed feeling her forehead. "Yep I have a fever and a sore throat." Betty said. "And very bad cramps." Polly said coming in the room. "And that." Betty said rolling her eyes. "Polly where are you going?" Betty added on looking at her bags. "Me and the twins are getting out of the house for about a week. I'm staying with a friend for a while." Polly replied adjusting the twins' clothes. "Oh ok." Betty said bluntly. "It won't be long." Polly said hugging Betty. Veronica sat on the armchair dreading night shift. What if..they kiss or worse? They already did kiss who knows how many moments they had. Now with Polly gone they could be up to anything.

Jughead
"I feel really bad Arch." Jughead said whilst him and Archie walked down the corridor. "Yeah man we should've checked up on her." Archie replied. "Ronnie texted me: she said Polly won't be here so we need to look after her for longer." Archie added on. "Oh god who's going to stay the night with Betty." Jughead worried biting his nails. "I will man." Archie replied. Jughead looked at him slightly disturbed. "Separate beds Jug." Archie scoffed. Jughead nodded. "Don't try anything on her though." Jughead warned. "As if she's my best friend." Archie chuckled. Jughead headed to lessons doubting whether or not it's a good idea for Archie to stay with Betty alone. He had to trust his girlfriend and his best friend who are also best friends. They would never do that. He couldn't focus in lessons but he knew it was for the best. The serpents needed him. As soon as it reached lunch Veronica and Jughead traded. "Jughead I need to talk to you!" Veronica snapped pulling his arm. "What?" Jughead said shaking her arm off. "Is it me who just feels weird about Betty and Archie spending the night together especially now that Polly left?" Veronica asked looking around cautiously. "I was just thinking about that!" Jughead replied. "Let's just see how it goes." Veronica sighed rubbing her temples. "Right." Jughead replied.

Archie
Archie sat in the lounge waiting for Veronica to arrive since they switched shifts. He sat on the couch wondering how Betty was feeling. He wondered what to do on their first night. He was obviously going to sleep on Polly's bed next door but he was thinking how he was going to entertain her. He was so deep in his thoughts he didn't even hear Veronica come in. "Archiekins?!" Veronica said sitting next to him. "Sorry." He said shaking himself out of a daydream. "What were you thinking about." Veronica asked out of curiosity. He obviously couldn't tell her he was thinking about his sleepover so he gave her the answer every girl wants to hear. "You." He said. Veronica bit her lower lip and hopped on his lap. "Ronnie I have class." Archie moaned. "Then skip." Veronica said tilting her head. "I can't." Archie replied. "Please?" She asked well not really asked she demanded. She kissed him with great force until eventually he kissed her back. Forgetting about his class. "That's more like it." Veronica panted in between each passionate kiss.

Jughead
"Hey babe." Jughead said entering the room. Betty was fast asleep. Jughead climbed into bed with her and rubbed her back. She moaned. "Archie..?" She asked abruptly getting up. "Sorry to disappoint you it's Jughead." Jughead replied getting up. "No Jug I thought it was Archie I was preparing myself for a friend zone speech." Betty tittered although that wasn't the case. "Oh ok." Jughead giggled climbing back in. "How was school." Betty groaned in pain because of her cramps. "It was ok..hey are you ok?" Jughead felt her stomach. "Cramps Jug it's ok." Betty replied clutching her stomach. "Ok Betty just get some sleep." Jughead sighed. The stress of seeing his girlfriend like this. "Do you want some food?" Jughead whispered softly. Betty felt queasy again. "No it's ok." Betty softly replied. The two dozed off in each other's arms.

Veronica
Veronica and Archie were still thrashing around on the couch until Archie had enough. "Ronnie.." Archie said panting. "Yeah?" Veronica replied. "School is almost over." Archie said gesturing at the time. "Wow time flies when you're have fun." Veronica murmured. "I gotta go take a shower get a takeout from Pop's and meet Betty." Archie said. Veronica winced. "Um I was thinking..do you want to stay the night today?" Veronica asked edging up closer to Archie. "Ronnie you know I have to look after Betty for the night." Archie pouted as if Veronica was a child. "Do you have to?" Veronica groaned. "Yes she's my best friend obviously." Archie explained. "Ronnie do you have a problem with my friendship with Betty?" Archie began. "What no I just don't want anything happening." Veronica explained. "Well trust me nothing will." Archie said giving her a peck on the lips. "But you two did hold hands.." She muttered. "Yeah because I wanted to be there for her!" Archie snapped irritated at the lack of trust Veronica has for him. "Ok ok I trust you Archiekins." Veronica gulped hating the fact Archie raised his voice. "Good I'll see you tomorrow morning." He said kissing her again. She watched him walk away. She prayed nothing will happen between them.