Nick Amaro

You Have His Baby:

Today was the day. You were waiting on the arrival of your child. This was your first and Nick's third. You were nervous. You didn't know what you were having. You wanted it to be a surprise. Your friend Kristy had her baby two days ago. She had a boy whom she named Michael. He was handsome. You gushed over her baby and hoped it would be the same for when you had yours. 

You were at home watching Mateo. Papi was at work. It was the late afternoon and you were waiting. It was such a long process. You hated waiting. 

"Emme, you have baby?" Mateo asked. 

"No not yet. I think we're waiting for Nick." You said as you paced. 

You still lived with your father as you weren't sure if you wanted to move back in with Nick yet. You had a nursery set up in Dante's old room. You were happy with it and so was Nick. Nick didn't want to pressure you into moving back in so you spent the weekends over there. 

Your phone rang as you grabbed Mateo a small snack. 

"Hello? Papi?" You asked. 

"No it's me Nick. How's my babies?" He asked. 

"We're good. Just waiting for daddy to come home so this baby can come out." You giggled.

"I'm almost done work so you have to wait for me."  He said with a bit of a chuckle. 

"Don't worry. I will wait for you."  You said. 

"Okay Emme, I will see you in half an hour." 

"Okay I'll see you then. Mateo is calling me so I'll let you go." He let you go. 

You brought Mateo his snack and sat down. 

"Gracias Emme." He said. 

You just relaxed a bit. You felt a bit weird. Your stomach was turning. You were a bit frightened when you got a sharp pain. 

"Emme you go pee on floor!" Mateo said with a bit of laughter.

"Mateo that's not funny. I didn't pee on the floor. My water broke." 

He gave you this look. "You have baby now?" 

"Yes love. Call Papi while I call Nick." You said. He listened. 

You called Nick back. You hoped he would answer. 

"Emilia I'm working on the case right now. I told you I'd be home in a bit."

"Nicolas the baby is coming!" You felt this sudden urge to push as the pain shot up and down your belly. 

"Oh. Oh shit! Baby I'm gonna come home. Liv I'm having a baby!" He yelled with excitement. 

"Nicolas I need you!" You said as you lowered yourself onto the floor. 

"Okay I'm on my way love." He hung up. 

You took a few deep breaths. Mateo came in with the phone. 

"Papi says no having the baby until he comes home." 

"Mateo give me the phone." You couldn't help but scream after. 

"Papi no want to." He said with a giggle. You took the phone. 

"Papi I'm having the baby. You can stay at work." 

"Are you sure?" He asked. 

"I'm sure. Nick is coming. He's on his way now." You said.